Celtic Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CL is such a step up, evidenced by the fact you are able to beat teams in the second level competition, but can never beat us, even at home. That shows you the gulf. But, you’re right that we need to invest to be more competitive in it, no question.

Here’s the thing, if we can beat you at will now, imagine if we get four or five additional quality players for next year? I will leave that with you to stew on.
I think I’m right in saying that the last time you beat my team was the Shamrock Cup in the early 90’s.

Well, surprise, surprise, to nobody actually, as our board are, so far, let’s not get ahead of ourselves….yes just let me at least, are being our board. There are as yet, no signings for us. Not a single one. I wish I could say I’m shocked and bemused at their arse dragging, but that would be a lie. Last season when Rogers sat in that interview and talked about being better in Europe, I, like a fucking moron, actually let myself believe the board had stopped being the useless bastards they have always been and were ready to have a go. Still get embarrassed thinking about that.

Of course, they didn’t. We then had, performance wise, straight out the trails in Japan looked totally shit. That continued for three quarters of the season and only because Rangers are even worse than us, we managed to find a bit of form and put them back in their box.
It ended up a good season because they thought they had it. There are few better feelings than seeing their over confidence crumble, and the deep anguish was a comfort to me. But, I never forgot Rogers style and tactics bored me to the edge of insanity.

Fast forward to now and I have zero confidence we will do what is necessary. I actually believe the chances of us starting the season weaker than last year, are odds on. This causes me many outbursts and a deep seated desire to have a square go with Lawell. I would win.

Fucking hell Celtic board.

One thing they dithering, cheapskate cowards will need to be aware of, is the support will go absolutely nuts. To be fair, they don’t give a fuck about that and they have stitched up the shares do we can’t get rid through voting, it, we can make their lives fucking miserable.

I pity the fools who are on our sites who think we will step up. They are few but they are there. I hope I’m wrong obviously, but, as you all know, that’s rarely a thing.

Fucking fitba. It drives you mental, or more mental, as my mrs puts it.

Matt will be off, no way we replacing him, CCV might he off too, even Hatate. Odds on right now we will be weaker. All that money without men without balls, only makes it worse.

We will probably do enough to win the ieague, but in the CL?

If the board don’t step up, the support shouid tell them to stick the CL tickets up their arse. We are fed up turning up knowing we don’t have a fucking hope.

But from that, everything’s just dandy.

Top players are not signing for a Scottish club!

Doesn’t matter how much money you have if they won’t sign.

I do believe you’ll be weaker this coming season but no matter you’ll win the league far more comfortably as Rangers are an utter shit show at the moment.

It’s what the other clubs want. They don’t want Scottish clubs succeeding. They don’t want to improve their clubs to close the gap. They want the Old Firm to go backwards so they get closer.

I honestly believe if Hearts get it right in the transfer market and Shankland gets back to the form of pre Christmas last season they could get very close to Rangers

I'd love to see anyone other than the big two win the title next season. Problem is, said big two are just so far ahead of the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen. In the last 50 years, there's only been 4 seasons when the title hasn't headed to Glasgow. All 4 occurred in a six season period from 1979/80 - 84/85 (Aberdeen with 3 and Dundee United with the other one). And I can't see it changing any time soon.

I'd love to see anyone other than the big two win the title next season. Problem is, said big two are just so far ahead of the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen. In the last 50 years, there's only been 4 seasons when the title hasn't headed to Glasgow. All 4 occurred in a six season period from 1979/80 - 84/85 (Aberdeen with 3 and Dundee United with the other one). And I can't see it changing any time soon.
It will never change if we just plod along with the same set up.

Too many clubs.

Pitiful TV deals.

Money that is generated through sponsorship/ TV needs to be more fairly distributed.

We need the other clubs to contribute to the Co efficient to guarantee , at least, that third club is guaranteed group stage football

And so on and so on…..

But there are many as you’ve seen who are quite happy to just survive living off the scraps the ‘Big2’ throw them

I'd love to see anyone other than the big two win the title next season. Problem is, said big two are just so far ahead of the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen. In the last 50 years, there's only been 4 seasons when the title hasn't headed to Glasgow. All 4 occurred in a six season period from 1979/80 - 84/85 (Aberdeen with 3 and Dundee United with the other one). And I can't see it changing any time soon.I’ve edited this for you.
“I'd love to see anyone other than the big two win the title next season. And I can't see it changing any time soon.”

Edited that for you, no chsrge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.