Celtic v City post match

Always find it annoying how teams like Celtic can lose to Lincoln Red Imps and Hapoel Be'er Sheva, then get thrashed 7-0 by Barcelona, but when they play us they suddenly play like a top-quality EPL side. Kolo Touré in particular saved one of his best performances of the last five years especially for us. No, we weren't nearly at our best but we still should've been beating Celtic on the form they've been in in Europe this season.

To be fair when you only have 4 big games a season at home the fans will be up for it! It be like city being in div 1 and playing Barcelona Bayern and the scum once a year the stadium would rock! Bet Celtics next game at home be like damp squid atmosphere whys and the media wont report that.
With the Green Brigade there,Celtic Park is never a damp SQUIB :) ,constant singing for the whole game,you do realise as with us raising our game v City and other big teams,The likes of Dundee and Inverness play out their skins against us,yeah our leagues poor but we don't have a divine right to win every game.I've been delighted hearing positive comments (yours apart obviously) about themosphere

Im Wondering if yourselves or maybe other big teams in the Premiership may think about safe standing sections in your grounds?

Last edited:
Begs the question, why can't we get an atmosphere like that at the etihad? Too many suits, a new generation of fans, a sense of expectation rather than anticipation, astadium that was built for a different purpose and converted to a football stadium? Maybe a wee bit of all that but whatever the reason the atmosphere at times leaves a lot to be desired
A question I would like to ask is this,do you think if you still played at Maine Road that your support would be more vociferous,just seems to me that a stadium adapted for football gives a false impression of a teams support

Tell you what muppet ,when they start singing songs in praise of terrorist organisations that bombed the Arndale centre, I'll tell them to f*ck off.
I suspect you couldn't even find the Etihad with a satnav.
Lol, not sure why a dislike of Rangers means you can't support City. As if there is any link between the two clubs. Don't worry though, I'd be angry as you are if I was watching a team getting embarrased week in week out in the Scottish League.

A question I would like to ask is this,do you think if you still played at Maine Road that your support would be more vociferous,just seems to me that a stadium adapted for football gives a false impression of a teams support
Etihad is a great football stadium. The athletics stadium was built with football in mind with the stands already underground. Maine Rd was our home for years but it was a mess. Stands all over the place, and it wasn't always noisy. The atmosphere at a lot of City games has been poor because City fans just expect to turn up and win. It must be like that at Celtic too when you're playing league games.

In the European games, a lot of season card holders tend not to turn up because some come from distance and can't make it, and in their place you get a lot of tourists. Not sure what to expect against Celtic. You've had a good experience of Champions League. Some great nights. For City fans, the team played terribly and there was also the FFP sanctions which City fans thought was a Man Utd, Arsenal stitch up so you'll see full houses for City league games, and a little less enthusiasm for the European games.

Always find it annoying how teams like Celtic can lose to Lincoln Red Imps and Hapoel Be'er Sheva, then get thrashed 7-0 by Barcelona, but when they play us they suddenly play like a top-quality EPL side. Kolo Touré in particular saved one of his best performances of the last five years especially for us. No, we weren't nearly at our best but we still should've been beating Celtic on the form they've been in in Europe this season.
Was a combination of huge luck for them and us buckling under the pressure from their fans TBH. Had that been another day they wouldn't have scored a single goal. One deflection one offside and a wonder goal, it was very lucky for them.

A roof suited to football (holding the noise in) is only 25% complete @ the etihad...it's believed a safe-standing section will be incorporated into the about to start north stand extension, it's thought both these alterations will alter things dramaticaly

Etihad is a great football stadium. The athletics stadium was built with football in mind with the stands already underground. Maine Rd was our home for years but it was a mess. Stands all over the place, and it wasn't always noisy. The atmosphere at a lot of City games has been poor because City fans just expect to turn up and win. It must be like that at Celtic too when you're playing league games.

In the European games, a lot of season card holders tend not to turn up because some come from distance and can't make it, and in their place you get a lot of tourists. Not sure what to expect against Celtic. You've had a good experience of Champions League. Some great nights. For City fans, the team played terribly and there was also the FFP sanctions which City fans thought was a Man Utd, Arsenal stitch up so you'll see full houses for City league games, and a little less enthusiasm for the European games.

Appreciate your reply.nice to get an insight into your grounds past and present.
At CP The Green Brigade (standing section) has changed the atmosphere at EVERY home game immensely.but before that apart from the big games.there wasnt as much atmosphere generated.Wednesday night for me was up there with the best atmospheres ive experienced

Why do Celtic and Dippers come on here giving the impression their atmosphere is bouncing every week , i have a friend who has a season ticket in the lisbon lions stand at Celtic and he says the atmosphere for games against most of Scots premier teams is crap , the away fans make all the noise and just like Anfield the media build up the bullshit about their hard core vociferous support which is a complete nonsense . No doubt Celtic will be up for Rangers / City / Barca / Boroussia , but don't start telling me the place is rocking when they play the mighty St Johnstone at Celtic park .

This Celtic park atmosphere crap is laughable, ok so they're up for the big games against us, Barca and their local derby, but for the past 4 seasons every time Sky Sports News has gone for an update from the ground all you could see was empty seats in the background.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.