Celtic v City post match

With the Green Brigade there,Celtic Park is never a damp SQUIB :) ,constant singing for the whole game,you do realise as with us raising our game v City and other big teams,The likes of Dundee and Inverness play out their skins against us,yeah our leagues poor but we don't have a divine right to win every game.I've been delighted hearing positive comments (yours apart obviously) about themosphere

Im Wondering if yourselves or maybe other big teams in the Premiership may think about safe standing sections in your grounds?

Haha, I was waiting for somebody to pick up on that 'squid'... Could have been predictive text I suppose? A bit like your 'themosphere' ;-)

Forgive my ignorance, why do you add a 'h' into girl? I know Celtic fans call them bhoys, I don't get that either.

A question I would like to ask is this,do you think if you still played at Maine Road that your support would be more vociferous,just seems to me that a stadium adapted for football gives a false impression of a teams support

No... Maine Road had its moments at times, but there were many games where it was like a morgue. The Etihad is excellent for big games.

Tell you what muppet ,when they start singing songs in praise of terrorist organisations that bombed the Arndale centre, I'll tell them to f*ck off.
I suspect you couldn't even find the Etihad with a satnav.
Both Celtic and Rangers have elements that sing songs glorifying terrorists - all the paramilitaries in N.Ireland were and are lowlife murdering scum.

This Celtic park atmosphere crap is laughable, ok so they're up for the big games against us, Barca and their local derby, but for the past 4 seasons every time Sky Sports News has gone for an update from the ground all you could see was empty seats in the background.

I recorded & watched almost every televised game Celtic played when Denayer was there & almost all since Roberts has been there. Empty seats & a lack of atmosphere is not uncommon but they do get up for any kind of contest & are much better at it than we are.

They are also seriously not a very good side, at all. So I know exactly the team which put 3 goals past City.

I can also see that a standing area could improve City's atmosphere by 200% but not if it's full of people stood with their arms folded or texting.

I don't agree that 'tourists' spoil the european nights. One or two maybe, but most are more enthusiastic than the regulars, many of whom don't even applaud the team on a Saturday when the names are read out.

City fans were better in the days of Maine Road but also more prone to self destructive abuse of players/managers etc so it's swings & roundabouts imo.

I'd hate if we were like their crowd.

I go to watch 11 players play a game, not jump around like some pissed up idiot.

I know a lot of people are big on atmosphere, but it's completely overrated.

With the Green Brigade there,Celtic Park is never a damp SQUIB :) ,constant singing for the whole game,you do realise as with us raising our game v City and other big teams,The likes of Dundee and Inverness play out their skins against us,yeah our leagues poor but we don't have a divine right to win every game.I've been delighted hearing positive comments (yours apart obviously) about themosphere

Im Wondering if yourselves or maybe other big teams in the Premiership may think about safe standing sections in your grounds?

rubbish, been there loads of times with Hearts and the atmosphere is crap until you score

This Celtic park atmosphere crap is laughable, ok so they're up for the big games against us, Barca and their local derby, but for the past 4 seasons every time Sky Sports News has gone for an update from the ground all you could see was empty seats in the background.

correct worse than their Red mates for fiddling attendances

CROWDS at Celtic and Rangers games this season have been up to 20,000 lower than the figures released to the public.

It goes some way to explaining the huge gaps in the stands when the clubs have been claiming near full-houses.

The number of supporters the clubs publicise as turning up to home SPL and Division Three matches is far larger than the true figure reported to police, official records show.

Fans used freedom of information laws to force Strathclyde Police to reveal the real number of supporters attending games at Ibrox and Parkhead.

We obtained the figures as they are now on public record.

Celtic publicised a figure of 49,428 on the SPL website for their game against Ross County at Parkhead in December – 20,497 more than the real attendance of 28,931

I refer to your email dated 1 January 2014 regarding the above which has been handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA).
Please can you provide the attendance figures recorded under health & safety requirements for the following Celtic matches played at Celtic Park during season 2012-13 and season 2013-14

Celtic v Kilmarnock 30/01/13 – 24,089 (BBC Att: 43,652)
Celtic v Dundee Utd 16/02/13 – 33,860 (BBC Att: 46,496)
Celtic v Dundee 24/02/13 – 24,157 (BBC Att: 39,959)
Celtic v Aberdeen 16/03/13 – 31,719 (BBC Att: 46,395)
Celtic v Hibernian 6/04/13 – 39,380 (BBC Att: 49,174)
Celtic v Inverness 28/04/13 (was played on 21/04/13) 45,064 (BBC Att: 55,000)
Celtic v St Johnstone 11/05/13 – 44,908 (SPFL Att: 57,000)
Celtic v Ross County 3/08/13 – 36,855 (SPFL Att: 45,705)
Celtic v Inverness 24/08/13 – 35,814 (BBC Att: 45,160)
Celtic v St Johnstone 21/09/13 – 34,310 (BBC Att: 45,220)
Celtic v Motherwell 5/10/13 – 34,440 (BBC Att: 46,608)
Celtic v Dundee Utd 2/11/13 – 35,768 (BBC Att: 46,496)
Celtic v Aberdeen 23/11/13 – 38,614 (BBC Att: 49,683)
Celtic v Hibernian 14/12/13 – 26,083 (BBC Att: 46,065)
Celtic v Hearts 21/12/13 – 24,444 (BBC Att: 46,058)
Celtic v Partick Thistle 01/01/14 – 27,853 (BBC Att: 52,670

Yes it was very noisy last Wednesday but I have been to matches at Parkhead when it was totally flat. Over the years crowds of 5,000 to 6,000 were not unknown in the 1950s when the team were doing badly. I recall attending a match around 1993 against Hibs with around 8,000 to 9,000 there. Crowds were very low during the 'boycott' intended to force out the Board of Directors (The Kelly Family) but they were still low for the some matches after the Fergus McCann takeover.

Like may teams, Celtic have a lot of fair weather fans who will turn out for big European matches. Some of the attendance figures quoted for Celtic Park against lesser Premiership opposition really ought to be filed under 'fiction' as you can see swathes of empty seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.