Census 2021

According to figures reported by the BBC, out of a total population of 60m, 10m residents were born outside the UK. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63485073

I wonder if we can draw any parallels to forecasts claiming, in years to come, Spanish will be the No.1 language in the USA and Catholics will be the majority in Ulster.
Seeing as it includes the counties of Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan, I would venture a guess that Catholics have long been the majority in the ancient Irish province of Ulster

But, but, but, if so many people admit that they didn't fill the forms in how can they be certain that the statistics are correct?

It's not like the days when the census returns officers turned up at your home and you handed over the forms personally to them. Woe betide you if you weren't ready with them!! My next door neighbour got into trouble one census year. Nowadays they 'trust' you to complete the form!!

EDIT: Sorry I guess that that is a whole different debate and topic. Apologies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.