Central Heating Won't Work

Buy 15 cats and wrap them in petrol soaked toilet roll, light them and they should run around all corners of your home heating it efficiently. F

I only asked about the servicing, because if the water within the CH is not treated then magnetite can cause major issues with valves and pumps. Google it.
Diverter valves are not expensive but labour is nowadays LOL It could be the servo motor on the valve itself. It is not a big job to change, biggest bit is draining down. You don't have to touch the GAS.

Also you could take the servo motor off and turn the spindle with some pliers this might free up the valve if it stuck. Check to see if you can hear the motor trying to turn when you switch between DWH and CH. You will need the front cover off. Use the link previously posted to find the parts diagrams to identify where it is located.

Can anybody give me some advise, got a Worcester Greenstar 24i Combi boiler, I am still getting hot water, but the central heating won't come on.
I've checked the pressure and that's fine, I've tried upping the wall thermostat to maximum, the boiler is making all the right noises but it isn't sending water to the radiators, I'm getting grief from the Mrs coz it's freezing, is it something I can fix myself or professional help only, any idea of the cost, cheers.
Buy her a new cardigan.

Can anybody give me some advise, got a Worcester Greenstar 24i Combi boiler, I am still getting hot water, but the central heating won't come on.
I've checked the pressure and that's fine, I've tried upping the wall thermostat to maximum, the boiler is making all the right noises but it isn't sending water to the radiators, I'm getting grief from the Mrs coz it's freezing, is it something I can fix myself or professional help only, any idea of the cost, cheers.

It's your diverter value. The actuator on the top will be stuck / broken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.