Centre back options

Bonucci's agent has just told the Italian press they're working on his sale.

But the Italian press are reporting he might go to Milan for €45-50m because his wife doesn't want to leave Italy.
Italian defenders age like fine wine but how's he going to hold up in the English game which is a bit more physical than they play down there? Would rather find someone a bit younger.

Well he did say it, like that, on another occasion implying that he knew. He has mentioned it more than once.

And you have shown how much importance he is attaching to Kompany & it's one of the clearest things he's ever said as manager.

People spend ages trying to read between the lines aboout comments he's made, deciphering hidden meanings but when he comes out & says 'we have to have backup' people are querying it.

It's pretty straightforward that he's saying we have to get someone to cover for Vinny.

I don't understand why anyone is claiming different. Of course he will praise the players we have even Kolarov, if it doesn't happen, but he's made it clear he wanted a cb.
I'm going to ignore your insistence about what Pep said about Pelegrini. The 2 videos are there with time stamps. We will conclude you were wrong until you can provide evidence otherwise.

As to the other point: You keep conflating 2 things.
1) Yes no one is arguing with you that he said Kompany is great or important - saying anyone has is a red herring.

2) That however is not proof he thinks another WC CB is priority #1. Nor is him say in we need a backup proof of that. As those backups could already be here.

We should be all over Bonucci if he really is looking to leave Juve, as reports last night suggest.

We should be all over Bonucci if he really is looking to leave Juve, as reports last night suggest.
Agreed. There are worries about his lack of pace I suppose when we are defending high and getting counter attacked but he is a proper defender who you'd hope could adapt to the requirements of our system. Also, would be invaluable for Stones to have someone like him to learn from as well as Kompany. I don't think playing alongside Kolarov and Otamendi regularly is going to do anything positive for his development at all in what feels like a crunch season for him.

I'm going to ignore your insistence about what Pep said about Pelegrini. The 2 videos are there with time stamps. We will conclude you were wrong until you can provide evidence otherwise.

As to the other point: You keep conflating 2 things.
1) Yes no one is arguing with you that he said Kompany is great or important - saying anyone has is a red herring.

2) That however is not proof he thinks another WC CB is priority #1. Nor is him say in we need a backup proof of that. As those backups could already be here.

I'm not denying your videos, I actually have the same ones downloaded somewhere. But Pep said it, irrespective & if I remember correctly added 'I know' on one instance.

And yes, if he had decided to talk in meaningless riddles & wind us all up, & take the piss out of us, you could be right & he actually meant 'we need backup but we already have it' which would be a fucking stupid thing to say but perhaps he is like that.

Otherwise, you are talking complete bollocks.

You would think so unless we are too far down the road with the mystery centre back target. Though as we have seen you can't be too far down a transfer road for it to be a dead end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.