Centre back options

This may sound crazy but I wouldn't be opposed to hanging onto Mangala, he didn't play THAT badly against the rags last week considering they had him playing outside.

This may sound crazy but I wouldn't be opposed to hanging onto Mangala, he didn't play THAT badly against the rags last week considering they had him playing outside.
not crazy mate defenses are built on partnerships and understanding something he has never been allowed to build , Against the rags apart from the wrestling match which he got right by giving away a free kick i thought he was very good , but he does need that partnership and quickly

Can Martinez cover the left back area? I think whoever we sign needs to be capable of playing both CB and LB, perfect choice would be Alaba, but it's nigh on impossible to prise him from Bayern.
Wby should they be able to do that?

Wby should they be able to do that?

I think the logic behind the CB being able to cover LB is that we have just sold Kolarov who did just that.

I might be in the minority but I can't see the logic in loaning out Mangala with us paying part of his wages at the same time we spend a fortune on a new defender. Wouldn't we be better keeping Mangala?

I think the logic behind the CB being able to cover LB is that we have just sold Kolarov who did just that.

I might be in the minority but I can't see the logic in loaning out Mangala with us paying part of his wages at the same time we spend a fortune on a new defender. Wouldn't we be better keeping Mangala?
I think we are trying to sell Mangala rather than loan him. Presumably Pep thinks he just is not good enough as we didn't use him last season. Think we need a decent centre half though. If Kompany is injured we look frighteningly short.

I don't think Pep could get the best out of Mangala. Either that or his style of play didn't fit Pep's system. Regardless, we really need at least another CB and DM to be capable of holding our own against the best of Europe. Kompany injured and we are depleted of world class talent in that area; Yaya on his last legs - need a replacement soon.

Any chance of Javi Martinez? CB and holding mid and Bayern already have Boateng and Hummels at CB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.