Centre-back

karen7 said:
Firasdo said:
In our squad we still have Lescott, Richards, Garcia, Boyata and Rodwell to cover any inuries in the CB position.

We have to trust them or replace them if we don't, instead of buying more players.

Richards has done his hamstring so he is not around to cover

Ok, but we only need to pick 2 from this list .

With Yaya and Fernandinho cementing their positions, Garcia and Rodwell should be utilized to cover the CB shortage.

Firasdo said:
karen7 said:
Firasdo said:
In our squad we still have Lescott, Richards, Garcia, Boyata and Rodwell to cover any inuries in the CB position.

We have to trust them or replace them if we don't, instead of buying more players.

Richards has done his hamstring so he is not around to cover

Ok, but we only need to pick 2 from this list only.

With Yaya and Fernandinho cementing their positions, Garcia and Rodwell should be utilized to cover the CB shortage.

It is a weak spot so getting someone else into cover would be the wise option

We are being held to ransom now and it's our own fault. With all the planning we did to get our signings in early, and the success of that planning, we have got this one wrong.

Someone somewhere was too certain we would get Pepe and we have followed this dead end longer than the rags followed Fabregas.

It's the final piece of he jigsaw but I'd rather try to get someone in in January than make a panic buy now. Lesson learnt I hope.

Get fit soon Nasty and Komps.

Dr Jacoby said:
How about Chico Flores at Swansea? He impressed last season.

Assuming they'd sell him we'd get brutalised financially on this. But I'd be all for it for both short and long-term if the number wasn't too outrageous. I just love his play in general. Would love to have him over here if it could be done.

I suspect the club may be looking at the next month on the fixtures list and seeing Cardiff, Hull, the international break, and then our six-fingered friends seemingly well on their way to relegation under Clueless. Will we be putting these clubs under such an attacking siege that maybe we can get away without panic-buying? Seems a little risky, though.

Cobwebcat said:
We are being held to ransom now and it's our own fault. With all the planning we did to get our signings in early, and the success of that planning, we have got this one wrong.

Someone somewhere was too certain we would get Pepe and we have followed this dead end longer than the rags followed Fabregas.

It's the final piece of he jigsaw but I'd rather try to get someone in in January than make a panic buy now. Lesson learnt I hope.

Get fit soon Nasty and Komps.

I can't disagree with anything you've said there. Everywhere else in the squad we have top quality cover, in central defence we only have make do and mend cover. Don't get me wrong Vinny and nasty are class when fit, and absolutely top drawer.

The same can't be said of any of the back up players. Yes we have players who can do a job to get through to the end of a game like Garcia on Monday night, but if we turn out Garcia and Lescot against any top side they will struggle.

Get well Vinny and Nasty we need you back at the front line asap.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
if we turn out Garcia and Lescot against any top side they will struggle.

Not being to be funny but those two together would struggle against mediocre competition. They'd get slaughtered against top sides. Absolutely slaughtered.

Both are ok if paired up with Komps - Lescott especially so. But paired together they are fecking clueless. Our strategy with those two at the back has to be to outscore the competition because I dont see any clean sheets with those 2 at the back.

Chippy_boy said:

Not being to be funny but those two together would struggle against mediocre competition. They'd get slaughtered against top sides. Absolutely slaughtered.

Both are ok if paired up with Komps - Lescott especially so. But paired together they are fecking clueless. Our strategy with those two at the back has to be to outscore the competition because I dont see any clean sheets with those 2 at the back.

I would have hoped we would have got a CB and another CM. I think these positions are gonna be problematic for us during the season.

If Komps, Nastasic, Yaya or Fernandinho are/get injured the other players we have to fill their positions just aren't good enough.

As much as I like Rodwell he is injury prone and Milner is hit and miss.

Chippy_boy said:

I think its more about getting the right balance of back ups. We struggle when Vinny is out because 1) He's a world class player and 2) None of our back ups possess the same physical qualities.

We can't really do an awful lot about 1) since players of his ability are few and far between and wouldn't be prepared to warm our bench. But we do need to recruit a right sided CB with a similar level of physicality. Someone who we can trust to play at Cardiff or Stoke and not worry about being bullied.

FWIW imo the problem is shifting a player before we sign a centre back. Jump up and down, stamp your feet if you like, but this deal all depends on Barry. If Barry goes then a centre back arrives, if Barry decides to fight for his place then we won't sign anyone. The reported cost of Demichelis is 4-5m that isn't a figure we would have been baulking at if we were so desperate to sign a replacement.

Forget about like for like replacements and fantasising we will sign a winger or another midfield player again IMO that department has all the players we need. Of course I could be wrong one or two ITKs on here suggest we will sign someone and that the people doing the paperwork are busy, yep they have had to sort out Zabs contract, they probably have to sort out Saurez's paperwork and Sinclairs and they might even be sorting out Micahs deal.

In conclusion as I have already stated leaving Sinclair and Saurez to one side if Barry goes then we get a centre back plain and simple. (But I hope I am wrong). :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.