Centre-back

dachoosen1 said:
As squad players of course!lol Both have a wealth of experience and are very capable defenders. Vlaar would be a excellent sign he is everything a centre back should be. Why wouldn't you have him?!

Vlaar reminds me of Dunne. I can't put my finger on why though.

Paris Saint Germain could be ready to sell defender Mamadou Sakho

A source close to the transfer has told Sky Sports that a deal could be done for around £8million and there is a great deal of interest.

European heavyweights Barcelona and AC Milan are believed to be amongst a host of clubs keeping tabs on Sakho's situation.

Liverpool have been strongly linked in recent weeks, but it is understood Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City are also keen.

The France international has come through the youth ranks at the Parc des Princes but he has just 12 months left on his current deal.

PSG want the 23-year-old to stay but, with big-money buys Thiago Silva, Alex and, most recently, Marquinhos in the squad, the club are considering letting Sakho leave now rather than losing him for nothing next summer.

The source told Sky Sports: "PSG are ready to do a deal, and the interest is big - he is a top talent, and it is not surprising.

"He is a top player and, although PSG are willing to sell, they do still want good money for him, but there is now a good chance that he will move and he could very well be heading for England."

PSG boss Laurent Blanc remains keen for Sakho to stay, despite the fact he has said he wants to leave.

"When players express their desire to leave in their head, it is not always clear," Blanc said.

"He expressed his desire to the club. Will there be a solution by September 2nd? I hope so, for the player and for the club."
Sky sports :
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8887335/transfer-news-paris-saint-germain-could-be-ready-to-sell-defender-mamadou-sakho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... adou-sakho</a>

IeMo_2007 said:
Paris Saint Germain could be ready to sell defender Mamadou Sakho[/sizeA source close to the transfer has told Sky Sports that a deal could be done for around £8million and there is a great deal of interest.

European heavyweights Barcelona and AC Milan are believed to be amongst a host of clubs keeping tabs on Sakho's situation.

Liverpool have been strongly linked in recent weeks, but it is understood Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City are also keen.

The France international has come through the youth ranks at the Parc des Princes but he has just 12 months left on his current deal.

PSG want the 23-year-old to stay but, with big-money buys Thiago Silva, Alex and, most recently, Marquinhos in the squad, the club are considering letting Sakho leave now rather than losing him for nothing next summer.

The source told Sky Sports: "PSG are ready to do a deal, and the interest is big - he is a top talent, and it is not surprising.

"He is a top player and, although PSG are willing to sell, they do still want good money for him, but there is now a good chance that he will move and he could very well be heading for England."

PSG boss Laurent Blanc remains keen for Sakho to stay, despite the fact he has said he wants to leave.

"When players express their desire to leave in their head, it is not always clear," Blanc said.

"He expressed his desire to the club. Will there be a solution by September 2nd? I hope so, for the player and for the club."
Sky sports :
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8887335/transfer-news-paris-saint-germain-could-be-ready-to-sell-defender-mamadou-sakho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... adou-sakho</a>

No, chance. He want to starting line-up. He better than Nastasic ? I don't think so.

Neville Kneville said:
LoveCity said:
Mr. Aguia said:
How can he block the progress of Rekik when Rekik is playing for PSV? Unless you think we should cancell his loan spell.

Rekik will be back next year and if he keeps this form up, in the first team squad. What do we do with this new 'lefty' then, flog him after one year? It's easy to say they can compete, but you're not going to get three players competing for one position when all three of them are young and hungry for games - one of them would be the odd man out and seldom playing.

I don't get this idea that people have that we can only have 1 prospect in the club. That somehow they won't be able to develope if they have to compete with each other.

We have dozens of prospects at the club, but Rekik is at that stage where he is one step away from becoming the first player from City's youth system to properly break through in years, which will be a major step forward in the 'holistic' self-sustainable vision this club has.

Right now we have Nastasic and Lescott as left-footers in the first team squad and Rekik in his major development year. The natural progression is to promote Rekik next year when Lescott's contract expires, rather than spend a few more million on someone who, as I've said, we'll unlikely get a work permit for as he is uncapped and doesn't hold dual nationality. If we didn't have a MAJOR youth prospect just called up for the Netherlands aged 18, then I'd be all for adding another young prospect in that position. But sometimes it's just buying for the sake of buying and I think this would be it, a bit like adding a third first team right-back. It's right-footed central defenders we're desperately short on right now.

It would be absolute madness to gamble everything on Rekik. He is a medium build, not very pacy kid, who struggled to get a game at Blackburn Rovers in the Championship. Their fans thought he was useless. He played for us pre season & he was useless. Now he is doing ok in the Dutch league & that makes him a nailed on certainty for City next season ? Nonsense.

Guidetti has come back from being a star in the Dutch league & is by no means certain to make the grade here. Rekik is nowhere near that level yet & we base our future on him ? With absolutely no evidence he will make it over here ?

Even if Rekik does make the grade, he will not be a replacement for Lescott at 19, he is miles away from that level, it will be several years before he is ready. I recon his most likely position next season will be centre back for PSV, possibly as part of a deal for us to sign Zakaria Bakkali.
Ill informed nonsense. Rekik isn't that fast, but is faster than Lescott and probably above average for a centre-back.
He didn't struggle to get a game at Blackburn, he was just stupidly played out of position, by a manager who couldn't run a bath,
Previously to that he actually had a very successful loan spell at Portsmouth.
Did you watch our pre-season? HE DIDN'T FUCKING PLAY! How could he have been useless?
He is now doing extremely well in the Dutch League and Champions League, where he managed to keep Balotelli in his pocket practically all game.
He also got a man of the match for PSV (twice I think?)
The only reason Guidetti hasn't had his chance at City yet is due to his career threatening virus.

I bet you would have said that Nastasic was 'too young' or 'not ready' to take over Lescott as well.

Neville Kneville said:
cmdub said:
Neville Kneville said:
It would be absolute madness to gamble everything on Rekik. He is a medium build, not very pacy kid, who struggled to get a game at Blackburn Rovers in the Championship. Their fans thought he was useless. He played for us pre season & he was useless. Now he is doing ok in the Dutch league & that makes him a nailed on certainty for City next season ? Nonsense.

Guidetti has come back from being a star in the Dutch league & is by no means certain to make the grade here. Rekik is nowhere near that level yet & we base our future on him ? With absolutely no evidence he will make it over here ?

Even if Rekik does make the grade, he will not be a replacement for Lescott at 19, he is miles away from that level, it will be several years before he is ready. I recon his most likely position next season will be centre back for PSV, possibly as part of a deal for us to sign Zakaria Bakkali.
This is an ill informed post on so many levels I don't know where to begin

Well seeing as you obviously rate Rekik, what would you say are his s strongest attributes which make you believe he will be our central defender & sets him apart from other young defenders then ?

Compared to say, Boyata, for instance, what particular things do you think Rekik has to his game which Boyata lacks ? In which particular areas do you think he excels compared to say, Smalling or Phil Jones when they were the same age ?
Better passer than all three of them, even now. Better in the air than Boyata and the other two at his age. Very good positioning, which Boyata and Smalling lack. He's not slow, but faster than Lescott and similar speed to any of the others you have mentioned.

Have to agree with Kun there.

I think we need CL experience now but he will be in our squad in a couple of seasons.

IeMo_2007 said:
Paris Saint Germain could be ready to sell defender Mamadou Sakho

A source close to the transfer has told Sky Sports that a deal could be done for around £8million and there is a great deal of interest.

Sky sports :

We only need another left footed CB if we're selling Lescott

kun said:
Neville Kneville said:
LoveCity said:
Rekik will be back next year and if he keeps this form up, in the first team squad. What do we do with this new 'lefty' then, flog him after one year? It's easy to say they can compete, but you're not going to get three players competing for one position when all three of them are young and hungry for games - one of them would be the odd man out and seldom playing.

We have dozens of prospects at the club, but Rekik is at that stage where he is one step away from becoming the first player from City's youth system to properly break through in years, which will be a major step forward in the 'holistic' self-sustainable vision this club has.

Right now we have Nastasic and Lescott as left-footers in the first team squad and Rekik in his major development year. The natural progression is to promote Rekik next year when Lescott's contract expires, rather than spend a few more million on someone who, as I've said, we'll unlikely get a work permit for as he is uncapped and doesn't hold dual nationality. If we didn't have a MAJOR youth prospect just called up for the Netherlands aged 18, then I'd be all for adding another young prospect in that position. But sometimes it's just buying for the sake of buying and I think this would be it, a bit like adding a third first team right-back. It's right-footed central defenders we're desperately short on right now.

Ill informed nonsense. Rekik isn't that fast, but is faster than Lescott and probably above average for a centre-back.
He didn't struggle to get a game at Blackburn, he was just stupidly played out of position, by a manager who couldn't run a bath,
Previously to that he actually had a very successful loan spell at Portsmouth.
Did you watch our pre-season? HE DIDN'T FUCKING PLAY! How could he have been useless?
He is now doing extremely well in the Dutch League and Champions League, where he managed to keep Balotelli in his pocket practically all game.
He also got a man of the match for PSV (twice I think?)
The only reason Guidetti hasn't had his chance at City yet is due to his career threatening virus.

I bet you would have said that Nastasic was 'too young' or 'not ready' to take over Lescott as well.

Neville Kneville said:
cmdub said:
This is an ill informed post on so many levels I don't know where to begin

Well seeing as you obviously rate Rekik, what would you say are his s strongest attributes which make you believe he will be our central defender & sets him apart from other young defenders then ?

Compared to say, Boyata, for instance, what particular things do you think Rekik has to his game which Boyata lacks ? In which particular areas do you think he excels compared to say, Smalling or Phil Jones when they were the same age ?
Better passer than all three of them, even now. Better in the air than Boyata and the other two at his age. Very good positioning, which Boyata and Smalling lack. He's not slow, but faster than Lescott and similar speed to any of the others you have mentioned.

Re Portsmouth: He played fucking fullback at Portsmouth, the subject is whether he can play centre back in a title challenging, Champions League challenging team.

And I do say Nastasic is too young to be relied upon as a 1st choice & we should have a top class experienced centre back to go with Lescott & Kompany, whilst bringing Nastasic through over the next few years so he can learn the game, as has been the formula for most successful football careers since the sport began. But Nastasic is way way ahead of Rekik in that position.

Re pre season: By pre season, I meant the games v played v Chelsea etc. When Rekik played he was a joke, absolutely fucking pedestrian.

And no he isn't faster than Lescott, he is just smaller & looks less cumbersome because Jolean is a big unit. He lacks pace compared to many current centre backs & unlike Lescott & Vinny, who also lack a yard, he isn't built like a brick shithouse, so can't use his body to block off the runs strikers make & gets fucking murdered as a consequence.

What evidence have you got that he is positionally better than Smalling or Jones ? Against who ? When ?

And don't fucking say against Balotelli.

No he didn't have Balotelli in his pocket, he rarely got near Balotelli in 90 mins. He tried to stay with him but Mario was able to run off him into yards of space whenever he felt like it & only the lack of incisive passes from Milan, saved Rekik. It was like Dad with a little kid marking him. I am assuming by your comments that you didn't watch the game & are basing your opinion on some numpty version you read on here. Either that or you are clueless about defending.

As for the idea Rekik has ever been better in the air than Boyata: UTTER BOLLOCKS. Where are you getting the evidence for this ? When have you seen Rekik beat anyone half decent to a header ? He got bitched by a midfielder v Milan in a 50/50 aerial challenge.

Re Guidetti: I know full well that Guidetti has been missing due to illness & injury, but the point I am making is that even had Guidetti remained fit, he would still have been an unkown quantity due to the league in which he had been playing. Had he scored 20 goals in Spain, Germany or Italy, we would all have been pretty optimistic he would do it here, but because he came from the Dutch league, we have no idea whether he will make the grade or not. We have seen loads of total duffers from that league, so to perform there means little, it is what you do here that counts.

Guidetti is way ahead of Rekik in development, but still not a guarantee.

Yet Rekik is a guaranteed world beating centre back, who can step straight into our squad next season in place of a title winning defender, just because he has had half a doezen half decent games in the Dutch league, next to a bloke who isn't good enough for Chelsea.

And yet his career in our reserve team has so far not really taken off, with few performances of real note.

This is a kid who has so far done absolutely fuck all in football & on the strength of that he gets a regular spot in the squad of the potential champions. Why ?

How about we watch him for a year or two, playing proper competitive football, & find out if he's any fucking good, before giving him the job ?

It's simple, Txiki. Buy some defenders now or flush this league campaign down the toilet. Not a knee-jerk, it's something many of us have felt for months and it was on full display today. Championship players put 3 on us today, imagine what our CL opponents will do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.