Centre-back

Mr. Aguia said:
But the difference is Dimichelis is an actual CH not a mediocre HM trying to play CH. It's not just his lack of pace but his lack of confidence in every aspect of the game, particularly with the ball and he doesn't read the game well. I keep seeing people posting how he reads the game well. I don't see it. How did he read todays game? People are oversimplifing Garcia's problems. It's not just that he's slow. He's a mediocre player who's also slow. Barry is slow but doesn't have the issues Garcia does. Why? Because he reads the gmae well and is very confident. He makes a decision and goes with it while Garcia flaps about a bit then makes a decision and his increadible slowness keeps him from making up for it.

I personally prefer Garcia to Barry in midfield but that's not particularly relevant.

I completely agree that a CB needs to be brought in, I'm just not convinced Demichelis is the right option when he has similar liabilities to our current options, he's old and only going to drop in value and we have very deep pockets so aren't going to be held up by price.

Astori was left on the bench today by Cagliari. I don't know much about him other than that he's another we were linked to.

Monkchester said:
If ever we need to spend some money it is now on a centre back - if we want to be one of the top clubs in the world you cannot rely on a poor midfielder playing at centre back - said it before the game and will say it again we need quality competition and cover for an essential position in the spine of the team.

Why, after seeing him in pre-season did Pelle repeat the same mistake? That needs to be his last game.

I'm boring myself now but it's a long time since I've been this pissed off. I think it's because so many people could see it coming but our manager didn't.

Its concerning the amount of money that has been spent on new players over the past couple of seasons when it has been very apparent to the majority that as soon as we lose Kompany we struggle to play anywhere near our best football.

We need another centre half that has intelligence,pace and agility,i cant understand why it hasn't been addressed?

I can't understand why after pre-season Garcia is still the preferred stand-in centre-back. Eithe Toure or Rodwell can play there and put the other in centremid with Fernandinho.

I'd prefer Toure at centreback myself because he isn't as mobile as Rodwell. Rodwell would know his role as a midfielder, whereas Fernandinho could be the holding player and Toure behind him. We may miss Toure's roving runs, but stopping the opposition scoring should be a priority for now under Pellegrini, we keep leaking goals without Kompany, and this needs to stop.

Rodwell gets forward well, and Dzeko, Negredo and Aguero could all feed of scraps from Rodwell's shots from range.

FantasyIreland said:
Its concerning the amount of money that has been spent on new players over the past couple of seasons when it has been very apparent to the majority that as soon as we lose Kompany we struggle to play anywhere near our best football.

We need another centre half that has intelligence,pace and agility,i cant understand why it hasn't been addressed?

Mancini probably thought either Savic, Boateng, or Nastasic would cover it. Out of that 3, only Boateng has pace & he is a fairy. All 3 are average in the air.

The 'pace & agility' bit is crucial for this system even if Kompany is playing imo.

He is just as likely to get caught out by the kind of ball Garcia was struggling with if we play this way & we need someone quick enough to cover.

The way kolo has played in his first two games shows the major fuck up we made. If pelle could've got the best out of him then a partnership with vinny could've been fruitful.

shevtheblue said:
The way kolo has played in his first two games shows the major fuck up we made. If pelle could've got the best out of him then a partnership with vinny could've been fruitful.

Indeed....get rid of him for free and keep Boyota who wasn't even good enough to get in Bolton's side..... Stroke of genius

Desperately disapointing yesterday - But how could we expect to get away with it with Lescott and Garcia backed up by Hart who cant even kick the ball straight

Mancini used to drive me mad with his substiutions. Then the manager takes off Navas and replaces him with Nasri - enough said.

Toure takes the ball off the centre halfs and plays it back to another defender while the opposition get organised for another round of tip tap across the middle. All way too slow. would prefer to see Fernandinho defensive midfield and move Toure up.

Supporting City for over 40 years and at my age I should know better - but it still rankles when we have so much talent at our disposal.

Sorry rant over but I just dont see any sign of improvement from last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.