Centre-back

shevtheblue said:
The way kolo has played in his first two games shows the major fuck up we made. If pelle could've got the best out of him then a partnership with vinny could've been fruitful.

On Saturday,Kolo looked the same panicky,error prone player he did for the vast majority of his time here.

We got rid with good reason,the mistake was not having a replacement.

When Rodwell first came through at Everton - they said he would eventually move into central defense.

Maybe we should give hime a try - he wins headers is pretty quick and can tackle and can play a bit.

Only thing that isn't really tested is his ability to read the game as a CB - you would soon find out and he could be tried in practice games - can't be any worse than Garcia at CB

stevemac1 said:
Desperately disapointing yesterday - But how could we expect to get away with it with Lescott and Garcia backed up by Hart who cant even kick the ball straight

Mancini used to drive me mad with his substiutions. Then the manager takes off Navas and replaces him with Nasri - enough said.

Toure takes the ball off the centre halfs and plays it back to another defender while the opposition get organised for another round of tip tap across the middle. All way too slow. would prefer to see Fernandinho defensive midfield and move Toure up.

Supporting City for over 40 years and at my age I should know better - but it still rankles when we have so much talent at our disposal.

Sorry rant over but I just dont see any sign of improvement from last year.

As a fellow 40 years plus fan I feel the same. I believe you don't choose your club, it chooses you but why is being a City fan so hazardous for your health LOL !! What did I do in a previous life that was so bad to justify the constant torment of being a City fan.After THAT DAY I believed that the Blue Moon was finally going to rise again and then we got last season and the shameful FA Cup final performance and the nagging doubts started again. Maybe THAT DAY is the best it's every going to get. We have the best squad I have ever seen wearing City shirts and yet we couldn't beat Cardiff !

I know it's early days in MPs reign but our dependency on Kompany (like Richards, becoming more injury prone by the season) has to be addressed before the end of the month. Forget about left wingers and ball playing defenders, we desperately need an old fashioned centre half who can do the job of defending and is happy just doing that. Where's a Mick McCarthy or a Dave Watson when you need them. Not pretty footballers but damned effective!

CTID

Blue Elvis said:
stevemac1 said:
Desperately disapointing yesterday - But how could we expect to get away with it with Lescott and Garcia backed up by Hart who cant even kick the ball straight

Mancini used to drive me mad with his substiutions. Then the manager takes off Navas and replaces him with Nasri - enough said.

Toure takes the ball off the centre halfs and plays it back to another defender while the opposition get organised for another round of tip tap across the middle. All way too slow. would prefer to see Fernandinho defensive midfield and move Toure up.

Supporting City for over 40 years and at my age I should know better - but it still rankles when we have so much talent at our disposal.

Sorry rant over but I just dont see any sign of improvement from last year.

As a fellow 40 years plus fan I feel the same. I believe you don't choose your club, it chooses you but why is being a City fan so hazardous for your health LOL !! What did I do in a previous life that was so bad to justify the constant torment of being a City fan.After THAT DAY I believed that the Blue Moon was finally going to rise again and then we got last season and the shameful FA Cup final performance and the nagging doubts started again. Maybe THAT DAY is the best it's every going to get. We have the best squad I have ever seen wearing City shirts and yet we couldn't beat Cardiff !

I know it's early days in MPs reign but our dependency on Kompany (like Richards, becoming more injury prone by the season) has to be addressed before the end of the month. Forget about left wingers and ball playing defenders, we desperately need an old fashioned centre half who can do the job of defending and is happy just doing that. Where's a Mick McCarthy or a Dave Watson when you need them. Not pretty footballers but damned effective!

CTID

Where is Mike Doyle when you need him...

onceabluealways said:
When Rodwell first came through at Everton - they said he would eventually move into central defense.

Maybe we should give hime a try - he wins headers is pretty quick and can tackle and can play a bit.

Only thing that isn't really tested is his ability to read the game as a CB - you would soon find out and he could be tried in practice games - can't be any worse than Garcia at CB

I'm a bit puzzled as to why Rodwell hasn't yet featured?in place of Yaya yesterday he could have made a huge difference,especially given how shambolic our centre halves were.

spanishblue said:
Isn't this a posision Richards can play ?

Regardless of his suitability,which although not ideal for centre half is immeasurably superior to Garcia's.......he,evidently,is a perma crock.

Garcia wouldn't catch in my Sunday team. Far 2 slow on and off the ball. Can not read a game. Are we still wrapping Rodwell in cotton wool? Why not give him a run out and have Garcia selling programmes

Garcia wasn't even bad yesterday don't know what you'r all going on about it was Zaba, yaya, clichy, aguero (not his fault) and hart that under performed the most yesterday lescott was good garcia was also good.

Milner7 said:
Garcia wasn't even bad yesterday don't know what you'r all going on about it was Zaba, yaya, clichy, aguero (not his fault) and hart that under performed the most yesterday lescott was good garcia was also good.

Garcia was piss poor, let Campbell skin him for the one and one which Lescott managed to just put him off. Then there was that back header where he miss judged the flight of the ball and headed it perfectly for their striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.