Centre-back

MeatHunterrr said:
IWasHere said:
Reckon we shouldn't buy a cb and just give nasty and also rekik a chance, if they turn out to not be the best option then we should buy a cb in January.

and its that easy to sign good players in january without having to offer silly money? we need to do it this summer its been 3 years already.

I get your point but then what happens with nasty and rekik?

IWasHere said:
MeatHunterrr said:
IWasHere said:
Reckon we shouldn't buy a cb and just give nasty and also rekik a chance, if they turn out to not be the best option then we should buy a cb in January.

and its that easy to sign good players in january without having to offer silly money? we need to do it this summer its been 3 years already.

Nastasic stays as normal as a 3rd choice centre back meaning he will get games due to possible injuries, suspensions and pure rotating. Rekik maybe another year on loan? needs more experience and if we call rekik at the expense of top quality CB then we are Kompany injury away from disaster possibly.

Rekik can possibly next year replace Demichelis because he will get very likely released next year as he has 1 year remaining and his quite old.

IWasHere said:
MeatHunterrr said:
IWasHere said:

Nothing happens with them. Top clubs have four good central defenders usually, and ours will be Kompany/new signing/Nasti/Demichelis. Demichelis' contract has 1 year left and if Rekik impresses on loan in a better league, then there's no reason he couldn't step in come summer 2015. He's only 19 but some people seem really impatient about seeing the kids in the first team (go on Twitter and there are people suggesting we promote Lopes, Huws, Guidetti and Rekik all in one go... I wonder if they'd be happy when results start to suffer as a result). Only Lopes is ready to play a regular part, IMO.

It's absolutely imperative we get a top-of-the-line central defender this summer and I'm glad the club appears to be allocating most of the transfer budget to one.

Anyone think we could be one of the club's talking to Miranda other than Chelsea n utd. He did say he was in discussions with a few english clubs as well as Spanish.

MeatHunterrr said:
IWasHere said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Nastasic stays as normal as a 3rd choice centre back meaning he will get games due to possible injuries, suspensions and pure rotating. Rekik maybe another year on loan? needs more experience and if we call rekik at the expense of top quality CB then we are Kompany injury away from disaster possibly.

Rekik can possibly next year replace Demichelis because he will get very likely released next year as he has 1 year remaining and his quite old.

Rekik needs a few more years on loan before he starts playing for us, in fact I would even consider Nastasic going on loan.

Both look very good prospects but at the very elite level they come up short and that is why we are looking for a top central defender.

sam-caddick said:
MeatHunterrr said:
IWasHere said:

Rekik needs a few more years on loan before he starts playing for us, in fact I would even consider Nastasic going on loan.

Both look very good prospects but at the very elite level they come up short and that is why we are looking for a top central defender.

Then we would have to get 2 centre backs. Which due to restrictions is not possible unless we sign someone past it which makes no sense.

sam-caddick said:
MeatHunterrr said:
IWasHere said:

they will never become very elite centre backs unless they play at the very elite level.

Lovren just handed in a transfer request, probably going to end up at Tottenham but I rate him. Would have no issue with him alongside Kompany.

CTID101 said:
Lovren just handed in a transfer request, probably going to end up at Tottenham but I rate him. Would have no issue with him alongside Kompany.

I rate him highly. If he goes around 15m and we buy Benatia for 30m who is 2 years older, not sure we did a lot better deal. Of course at similar price I would go for Benatia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.