Centre-back

BringBackSwales said:
dachoosen1 said:
No to any deal involving Nastasic he is one of the best young cb's in the world who has had a poor season due to injuries! Our line isn't as high as it was at the start of the season so he could fit better now. To use Nastasic as a make weight for a deal is madness benatia and mangala are worth 50 million based on one good season (if benatia was that good why was his name not mentioned when we were looking for a cb last year or the year before when we were search for a cb) and both are older then Nastasic!

I completely agree with this. Nastasic was outstanding the season before last, and last season he hardly played due to injuries. Would be seriously daft to ship him out

So OK he is young, he was injured, our formation didn't suit him etc etc .. Class overcomes this & I've not seen too much yet - I'll give you he's better than Savic was but is on a par with Chris Smalling for me.. he is not 'all that'.

If Nastasic was as good as bluemoon thinks he is, and there's a world class, young defender that's only 3rd (soon to be 4th) choice at his club, we'd be getting bombarded with bids for him left, right and centre. But to our knowledge, that is not happening. He's a good talent. But some people have gone way over the top in their assessment of him. I hope we keep him, but let's not get carried away!

Tricky_Trev said:
If Nastasic was as good as bluemoon thinks he is, and there's a world class, young defender that's only 3rd (soon to be 4th) choice at his club, we'd be getting bombarded with bids for him left, right and centre. But to our knowledge, that is not happening. He's a good talent. But some people have gone way over the top in their assessment of him. I hope we keep him, but let's not get carried away!

No we wouldn't. Are Madrid getting bombarded with bids for Varane? Or PSG for Marquinhos? Just because a player is young and world class doesn't mean they are going to be inundated with offers.

Yeah, seeing him in 2012-13 and seeing this years Chelsea makes me feel he would be ideal for their system. But too error prone for Mourinho? (he must have seen how good he is at the CL game).

And before anybody gets any ideas, I am not advocating we see him to Chelsea even if they offer to buy.

nellyonthewing said:
BringBackSwales said:
dachoosen1 said:
No to any deal involving Nastasic he is one of the best young cb's in the world who has had a poor season due to injuries! Our line isn't as high as it was at the start of the season so he could fit better now. To use Nastasic as a make weight for a deal is madness benatia and mangala are worth 50 million based on one good season (if benatia was that good why was his name not mentioned when we were looking for a cb last year or the year before when we were search for a cb) and both are older then Nastasic!

I completely agree with this. Nastasic was outstanding the season before last, and last season he hardly played due to injuries. Would be seriously daft to ship him out

So OK he is young, he was injured, our formation didn't suit him etc etc .. Class overcomes this & I've not seen too much yet - I'll give you he's better than Savic was but is on a par with Chris Smalling for me.. he is not 'all that'.

No, you are missing the point. He was very good in his first season, last season he was poor but hardly played and never got a run of games. It is therefore too soon to say whether he is going to make it or not. But if we fuck off everyone who have a poor 5 or 6 games in a season then we will be fucking everone off. I am sure the club will give him a reasonable chance of making it before deciding "he is not all that"

BringBackSwales said:
nellyonthewing said:
BringBackSwales said:

No, you are missing the point.e was very good in his first season, last season he was poor but hardly paid and never got a run of games. It is therefore too soon to say whether he is going to make it or not. But if we fuck off everyone who have a poor 5 or 6 games in a season then we will be fucking everone off. I am sure the club will give him a reasonable chance of making it before deciding "he is not all that"
That may or may not be the case but assuming we sign a new CB then we will have five players contesting two positions and it is going to be near impossible to keep them happy seeing that two of these will be near certain starters for all but the minor games. I doubt if Nasty and Rekik will be happy with this.

I'm no cynic said:
BringBackSwales said:
nellyonthewing said:

No, you are missing the point.e was very good in his first season, last season he was poor but hardly paid and never got a run of games. It is therefore too soon to say whether he is going to make it or not. But if we fuck off everyone who have a poor 5 or 6 games in a season then we will be fucking everone off. I am sure the club will give him a reasonable chance of making it before deciding "he is not all that"
That may or may not be the case but assuming we sign a new CB then we will have five players contesting two positions and it is going to be near impossible to keep them happy seeing that two of these will be near certain starters for all but the minor games. I doubt if Nasty and Rekik will be happy with this.

There will be injuries, hopefully lots and lost of cup games. It is also possible that Rekik will get another year on loan I would imagine

ForzaMancini said:
Tricky_Trev said:

No we wouldn't. Are Madrid getting bombarded with bids for Varane? Or PSG for Marquinhos? Just because a player is young and world class doesn't mean they are going to be inundated with offers.

Yes they are. Chelsea has been in for Verane. Barca has been in for both.

I would consider loaning Nastasic and let him play every week and develop, he isn't going to get thay at City next season in my opinion.

I think a lot of teams would take him on loan.

Mr. Aguia said:
ForzaMancini said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Yes they are. Chelsea has been in for Verane. Barca has been in for both.

Says who ? Even if that's true it doesn't really constitute 'bombarded', does it ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.