Centre-back

Davs 19 said:
Hart of the matter said:
Did my eyes deceive me. Was Vincent playing as left CB today for Belgium?

He was indeed.

And our rumoured target Benatia plays on the right. More important to people on the internet than those on the pitch imo. If you can't play both sides at cb, given a game or two to get used to it, you are probably a shit cb imo.

Tron Coltrane said:
Rorz88 said:
Kompany playing left side of the centre backs today by the way boys

I would argue that's because the idea that a player is exclusively a "left-sided" or "right-sided" centre back is a myth, and a silly one at that. World class players seem to be just fine playing their exact same position but shifting a few feet over.

He plays on the left because Van Buyton can't play on the left. He can only play on the right and they think he's better than Vertongen. Vinnie can play either and has played on the left for us when Boyata has played. He's one of the few who can play either equally well, MDM is another. In the USA's game vs Ghana their LCH got injured and instead of the 3rd choice CH coming into the game Omar Gonzalez they brought in John Brooks came in because Gonzalez can't play on the left.

Mr. Aguia said:
Tron Coltrane said:
Rorz88 said:
Kompany playing left side of the centre backs today by the way boys

I would argue that's because the idea that a player is exclusively a "left-sided" or "right-sided" centre back is a myth, and a silly one at that. World class players seem to be just fine playing their exact same position but shifting a few feet over.

He plays on the left because Van Buyton can't play on the left. He can only play on the right and they think he's better than Vertongen. Vinnie can play either and has played on the left for us when Boyata has played. He's one of the few who can play either equally well, MDM is another. In the USA's game vs Ghana their LCH got injured and instead of the 3rd choice CH coming into the game Omar Gonzalez they brought in John Brooks came in because Gonzalez can't play on the left.

Promised to drop the argument, which I have. Didn't promise to listen to anyone insist that Gonzalez is above Brooks in the depth chart, which he isn't. Omar felt very fortunate to make the final 23-man squad. I really don't think Jurgie has an MLS-based CB, with little national team experience, who suffered a high profile mistake in one of the USA's last important qualifiers, above a European-based player (which we he admittedly covets). I think it's possible that one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Neville Kneville said:
Davs 19 said:
Hart of the matter said:
Did my eyes deceive me. Was Vincent playing as left CB today for Belgium?
He was indeed.
And our rumoured target Benatia plays on the right. More important to people on the internet than those on the pitch imo. If you can't play both sides at cb, given a game or two to get used to it, you are probably a shit cb imo.
I thought that from his YT clips but then saw his potential replacement is left sided

With these fixtures at the start of the season you can till that this season gonna be tough. If we get the partner for vinnie and those other targets we are in for we are going to be go hard on every front. As said before; benatia - vinnie makes My pants sizzle. Ctid

Tron Coltrane said:
Mr. Aguia said:
Tron Coltrane said:

Promised to drop the argument, which I have. Didn't promise to listen to anyone insist that Gonzalez is above Brooks in the depth chart, which he isn't. Omar felt very fortunate to make the final 23-man squad. I really don't think Jurgie has an MLS-based CB, with little national team experience, who suffered a high profile mistake in one of the USA's last important qualifiers, above a European-based player (which we he admittedly covets). I think it's possible that one thing has nothing to do with the other.

How is Gonzales not above him on the depth chart? He was the starter until very recently. Jones barely made the roster. Klinnsman said in the post match that the reason Jones came in was because Gonzales can't play on the left.

BlueindianNewcity said:
Watching nederlands vs Australia.
what about Ron Vlaar if other younger options do not work out?

Did you think he was good? Though the Dutch defenders have been at 6's and 7's in the world cup so far. Lovren was poor tonight as well. Got roasted for pace a couple times early. Then Moroco quit and they were never troubled again.

Mr. Aguia said:
BlueindianNewcity said:
Watching nederlands vs Australia.
what about Ron Vlaar if other younger options do not work out?

Did you think he was good? Though the Dutch defenders have been at 6's and 7's in the world cup so far. Lovren was poor tonight as well. Got roasted for pace a couple times early. Then Moroco quit and they were never troubled again.
[bigimg]http://www.loltexts.org/pictures/4cc2a2NXD71_460sa.gif[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.