Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

I'd imagine he'd be brought to Chelsea as the deep lying playmaker, as opposed to further up the pitch. Against the lesser opposition, he could form a partnership in the middle with Ramires (who is your more box-to-box midfielder), and then away to the likes of City, Arsenal et al, he'd probably be part of a midfield 3 alongside Ramires and the more defensive Matic.

Perhaps not your typical Jose signing, however I wouldn't rule it out, and he'd make Chelsea a much better team.

Breaking: With current interest from London clubs, the Daggers have ruled themselves out of the running to sign Barcelona's, #CescFabregas

A bit of fun from Dagenham and Redbridges account!

ianw16 said:
Hmmm, I'd be interested to see how Fabregas at Chelsea works out. An article I read this morning suggested the reason he wasn't a roaring success at Barca was due to them being far more tactically disciplined than Arsenal, and he therefore could't shine the way he did at Le Arse. Struggling to think of a more regimented team than Chelsea. Didn't go well for Mata.

According to the Portuguese journo Goncalo Lopes, who has been pretty good with City stuff, this would be a club signing, not one Mourinho prefers (he wanted Koke or Pogba). Which is great if true, shades of Roman forcing big name players on to managers in the past. I also don't see Fabregas as a traditional Mourinho player. Mourinho likes a team of workmen where even his flashy players defend and put in a shift (he's turned Willian into a defensive attacking midfielder!), something Fabregas is not accustomed to and unlikely to buy into now. He even had a go at Hazard for not doing enough, and Hazard is a brilliant talent. 4-6 months before the first signs of tension between Mourinho and Fabregas if this deal goes down.

LoveCity said:
ianw16 said:
Hmmm, I'd be interested to see how Fabregas at Chelsea works out. An article I read this morning suggested the reason he wasn't a roaring success at Barca was due to them being far more tactically disciplined than Arsenal, and he therefore could't shine the way he did at Le Arse. Struggling to think of a more regimented team than Chelsea. Didn't go well for Mata.

According to the Portuguese journo Goncalo Lopes, who has been pretty good with City stuff, this would be a club signing, not one Mourinho prefers (he wanted Koke or Pogba). Which is great if true, shades of Roman forcing big name players on to managers in the past. I also don't see Fabregas as a traditional Mourinho player. Mourinho likes a team of workmen where even his flashy players defend and put in a shift (he's turned Willian into a defensive attacking midfielder!), something Fabregas is not accustomed to and unlikely to buy into now. He even had a go at Hazard for not doing enough, and Hazard is a brilliant talent. 4-6 months before the first signs of tension between Mourinho and Fabregas if this deal goes down.

Perhaps Mourinho is willing to go along with the suggestion of Fabregas because Koke & Pogba are being valued as much as €50m each, therefore by accepting Fabregas for less, he still has money to play with regards to strengthening other areas (CB & CF)

sjk2008 said:
LoveCity said:
ianw16 said:

Perhaps Mourinho is willing to go along with the suggestion of Fabregas because Koke & Pogba are being valued as much as €50m each, therefore by accepting Fabregas for less, he still has money to play with regards to strengthening other areas (CB & CF)

When was the last time Mourinho took a player he didn't want?

It's absolute insanity that these reports are being given any credence. Zero chance that this is going to happen. Less than zero.

I fail to see how Fabregas would consider Chelsea considering they wanted no part of Mata for footballing reasons, who isn't a quantum leap in style from Fabregas. It would be as bad a move for Fabregas as Mata to the rags was for Mata.

I can't see Maureen wanting Fab, but it's Abramovich who will decide. He's the one who signed Shevchenko, not the manager, and with a drab season just passed, Roman will be demanding the kind of flair his manager is not noted for.

Barcelona just been hit with another 9 million euro fine from the tax authorities over the Neymar transfer.

BillyShears said:
Barcelona just been hit with another 9 million euro fine from the tax authorities over the Neymar transfer.

Whilst needing to replace Puyol, Alves and needing squad replacements, the Neymar deal looks more and more silly by the passing month.

Mourinho signed Modric at Real. Although not the same they are similar and not typical Jose players...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.