Cesc fabregas

Was a twat to get himself out of Arsenal to Barca, farmed out of Barca for being lazy and falling away after half a season, and now Chelsea are looking to get rid after putting in shit performances and being a distruption in the dressing room. We want him because?

The only tempting thing about him is his homegrown status. However, he couldn't play in a two man midfield for us and we've got enough options at no.10. Throughout his career he's been a flat track bully. Performs against weaker opposition but goes missing when against the best and you need him to perform. If he was available at a firesale price then he'd be worth bringing in just to beef up the squad. He won't be though so no thanks.

Spain don`t do to badly with him and Silva playing together.
Interesting point. The thing is that Chelsea's squad in general are pretty shite at possessing the ball. I think it's one of the reasons they are crap this season. Guys like Oscar, Matic and even Willan are pretty horrible and can't keep possession. It was so evident in the match against the Rags. When you insert a guy like Cesc who is decent in possession, but has to defend because his teammates can't keep the ball then he suffers. Kind of like Yaya without the ball. When you have a team loaded with good possession players, they too will be (or appear) to be better. I'm not saying we should get him because I do think there are other players who are just as good out there, but his homegrown status and if Chelsea will sell him on the cheap then I could see us going for him basically to cover Nasri's slot. As long as he doesn't play in a midfield 2. There are times where we needed someone like Nasri or Cesc especially when Silva was injured to help keep possession. Sterling and De Bruyne for how good they are can't do that.

Interesting point. The thing is that Chelsea's squad in general are pretty shite at possessing the ball. I think it's one of the reasons they are crap this season. Guys like Oscar, Matic and even Willan are pretty horrible and can't keep possession. It was so evident in the match against the Rags. When you insert a guy like Cesc who is decent in possession, but has to defend because his teammates can't keep the ball then he suffers. Kind of like Yaya without the ball. When you have a team loaded with good possession players, they too will be (or appear) to be better. I'm not saying we should get him because I do think there are other players who are just as good out there, but his homegrown status and if Chelsea will sell him on the cheap then I could see us going for him basically to cover Nasri's slot. As long as he doesn't play in a midfield 2. There are times where we needed someone like Nasri or Cesc especially when Silva was injured to help keep possession. Sterling and De Bruyne for how good they are can't do that.

Some good points there, suppose it all depends on the fee. Anything under £15 million and we may be tempted.

When news broke of Sterling coming to us
Bad Gas knew it IMHO I said at the time i think that's why he did this..

Dirty ****..

"Yes" from me. Top player for assists in the league last season at Chelsea and Barcelona the season before.

Problem with Chelsea is his being played way to deep, whereas he normally is further up field. At Barca he often played CF, now he's more a CDM trying to cover for defence.

Problem with Chelsea is his being played way to deep, whereas he normally is further up field. At Barca he often played CF, now he's more a CDM trying to cover for defence.

And a DM he is not.

I'd add that he had more than twice the number of assists to Silva last season from one more appearance and not a huge number more minutes; although St David did average slightly more key passes per game (0.1!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.