CFG | Academy | EDS in & out season 2021/22

The academy is built as extra revenue to help the clubs finances. If we produced a Phil Foden then that’s the cherry on the top!

8e7a138ee28ca57d206d55d524570a7f.jpg
Oil money

On the academy stuff, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the EDS manager has been promoted to the first team...

Pretty much all of those starts came in September in league cup games, when half of the first team were injured or barely back from pre-season. After that the only ones who started were Doyle and THB against Cheltenham (and they were both subbed off).
Weren't they subbed off when we were one down?

No i don't expect overnight success but the academy (like i say) has been open going on 8 years! The rags have had success by successfully integrating youth into the first team and there's no excuses not to give our best kids a chance IMO.

The Rags take a different approach to youth development. They single certain young players out and put a lot of focus on them; whereas City focus on the whole team at each level.

I have checked into relative team success but I think our junior teams win lots of trophies and the Rags don't.

Again, I don't know the numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if we make more from selling academy players than United as a result of a different focus.

Was easy enough in 86 when Hinchcliffe, Brightwell Redmond, Lake, White and Moulden helped to win the FA youth cup. 5 of those players played in the 5-1 'Maine Road Massacre' in 89. My point is they were given a chance and proved good enough.

I'd just like some our youngsters to be given a chance, that's all.
Absolutely - youth cup in '86, relegation '87, promotion '89, beat the rags 5-1 in '90 when they finished 13th and we finished 14th. Bit different to the level we operate at now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.