CFG | Academy | EDS in & out season 2022/23

i Just read the BBC Gossip column and saw that Chelsea were apparently trying to buy Romeo Lavia from Southampton for £50m just days after he had signed for them for just £12m

i have no issue with the way the Club handles its Academy players. Essentially those considered good enough find their way into the first team squad whilst those that aren’t are loaned out or sold. We have to remember the Academy has two main functions - to produce first team players and act as a revenue stream.

The issue I do have is the valuations the Club puts on some of these players. We do seem to have a record of releasing players or selling them for low transfer fees only to see their new Clubs move them on for vast profits not too long later.

We appear to have got the buying side of the transfer market right as we don’t overpay anymore. Now someone needs to turn their attention to getting the right valuations on our young players

i Just read the BBC Gossip column and saw that Chelsea were apparently trying to buy Romeo Lavia from Southampton for £50m just days after he had signed for them for just £12m

i have no issue with the way the Club handles its Academy players. Essentially those considered good enough find their way into the first team squad whilst those that aren’t are loaned out or sold. We have to remember the Academy has two main functions - to produce first team players and act as a revenue stream.

The issue I do have is the valuations the Club puts on some of these players. We do seem to have a record of releasing players or selling them for low transfer fees only to see their new Clubs move them on for vast profits not too long later.

We appear to have got the buying side of the transfer market right as we don’t overpay anymore. Now someone needs to turn their attention to getting the right valuations on our young players
It's such a mystery that the club don't include sell-on/buy-back options with these lads...

By the way, just because the one of the papers claim they were going to pay £50m doesn't actually make it true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.