CFG | Academy | EDS in & out season 2022/23

i Just read the BBC Gossip column and saw that Chelsea were apparently trying to buy Romeo Lavia from Southampton for £50m just days after he had signed for them for just £12m

i have no issue with the way the Club handles its Academy players. Essentially those considered good enough find their way into the first team squad whilst those that aren’t are loaned out or sold. We have to remember the Academy has two main functions - to produce first team players and act as a revenue stream.

The issue I do have is the valuations the Club puts on some of these players. We do seem to have a record of releasing players or selling them for low transfer fees only to see their new Clubs move them on for vast profits not too long later.

We appear to have got the buying side of the transfer market right as we don’t overpay anymore. Now someone needs to turn their attention to getting the right valuations on our young players
What utter rubbish first off it’s one report

Second we have a sell on buy backs and first refusals for this reason.

This if true would say more about Chelsea’s inability to do deals properly than it would city. His value hasn’t gone from 12 - 15 million to 50 because of a few good games for Southampton.

You cannot expect city to ring ever club in the world to sell there players. Chelsea should have enquired and bid for him earlier

Says a lot about City if Chelsea want one of our academy players deemed not good enough for 50 million

Last edited:
The last one means the Bahia president is looking to announce the sale of Bahia to the CFG on a “significant date” the next one being the 7th of September (idk why it’s significant).
Independence Day falls on Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 (3 days from now) in Bahia, Brazil.

Reactions: kun
The last one means the Bahia president is looking to announce the sale of Bahia to the CFG on a “significant date” the next one being the 7th of September (idk why it’s significant).
Who or what is EC Vitoria

Delap with no service whatsoever another waste of a loan

Keep in mind Kane also doesn't have great loan experience either, yet he become great striker later on.

Loan result should not be a major factor of why the player will become successfull or not, at the end of the day it will be the player itself mostly that determine if they be successfull at professional football later on their career.

I'm talking this not only just Delap but all of our loanee player like McAtee, THB, Doyle etc. Their success in their own hands and nobody else.

Brazilian club. I expect that tweet is just a fan making a joke. It doesn't seem to make much sense.
What have they got to do with Bahia I thought they where we we where buying not Vitoria

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.