CFG Expansion | Başakşehir to join? (p70)

Exactly, they would be trumpeted if the value had "gone up" in theory, the Chinese likely taking a bit of a haircut for whatever reason.
The article doesn’t give any figures for the value of the latest transaction and from a regulatory perspective I’m not sure they have to.

It’s possible that Silver Lake could provide a figure, but it’s Thanksgiving so again they may not say anything until next week, if they do at all.

I’m not sure there’s any strong reason to suggest that the latest transaction would necessarily imply a decline in the group’s value though. Silver Lake increasing their stake to 18% and Mansour buying half of the shares sold this week suggests to me that the people who know most about the group expect the valuation to continue to rise.

Looks like it has devalued the club on paper.
Good job we play on grass then.

Can't say looking at that article and if it's purely an internal transaction then we won't know unless someone leaks something. I always thought the $5bn valuation based on the original SilverLake investment was too high at the time but it might be nearer the mark now, based on 5 times revenue.

Unlikely to be anything to do with that.
Many companies have complex holding company structures with names like midco, topco etc. as part of the name of the companies. Midco will simply mean that it is in the middle of the structure with CFG above it and MCFC below it.
I don’t agree told it’s CFG Midco

I don’t think this is too far away.

Fans already can’t stand any kind of perceived bias against their teams from “neutral” pundits.

I’m sure football will have far more balanced debate when all clubs have their own channels and pundits blowing smoke up fans’ arses.
I just think the one lesson we have all learned from football is that "money talks." Whether we like it or not there are staggering profits to be made from the full digitisation of football. If clubs ran their own broadcast network they could deal direct with the sponsors and advdertisers, big games could be sold like boxing as pay-per-view, they could sell digital season tickets to millions of fans (and bars) across the world. Some of these fans will pay a premium to watch in virtual reality.
Clubs own the content so why would they continue to give their own product away to organisations like SKY, BT, UEFA, and FIFA? Clubs can hugely increase their revenues by dealing with their own customers directly. This why buyers are not put-off by the huge asking price for MUFC. Football is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world and has only just started getting going in huge markets like China, USA, and India. Women's football is also growing.
The crucial thing is that matchgoing fans get a fair deal because without full stadiums the product will be hard to sell. Change is on the way and the PL will be at the heart of it and so will all the major clubs and CFG. A new structure will have to be put in place to guarantee the pyramid, especially in England. This is not going away.

Good job we play on grass then.

Can't say looking at that article and if it's purely an internal transaction then we won't know unless someone leaks something. I always thought the $5bn valuation based on the original SilverLake investment was too high at the time but it might be nearer the mark now, based on 5 times revenue.
I wonder if the continued growth in MLS and the New York land and stadium deal will boost the value of CFG. I have always thought that MCFC provided most of the value for the group but I wonder if that will change moving forward. Sheikh Mansour has made big profits from his property investments in Manchester but can expect better returns in New York City. It is fascinating watching the stratospheric expansion of "little old City."

I just think the one lesson we have all learned from football is that "money talks." Whether we like it or not there are staggering profits to be made from the full digitisation of football. If clubs ran their own broadcast network they could deal direct with the sponsors and advdertisers, big games could be sold like boxing as pay-per-view, they could sell digital season tickets to millions of fans (and bars) across the world. Some of these fans will pay a premium to watch in virtual reality.
Clubs own the content so why would they continue to give their own product away to organisations like SKY, BT, UEFA, and FIFA? Clubs can hugely increase their revenues by dealing with their own customers directly. This why buyers are not put-off by the huge asking price for MUFC. Football is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world and has only just started getting going in huge markets like China, USA, and India. Women's football is also growing.
The crucial thing is that matchgoing fans get a fair deal because without full stadiums the product will be hard to sell. Change is on the way and the PL will be at the heart of it and so will all the major clubs and CFG. A new structure will have to be put in place to guarantee the pyramid, especially in England. This is not going away.
It’s inevitable that clubs will start to broadcast their own games at some point.

The challenge then is to keep football reasonably competitive. The PL, for all its faults, pays its teams far more equally than any other big league. This creates better content.

I don’t agree told it’s CFG Midco
Yes it is called City Football Group (Midco) Ltd, and it is the middle company between City Football Group Ltd and Manchester City Ltd along with quite a few other UK registered entities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.