CFG Expansion | Başakşehir to join? (p70)

Well that’s true!? Can the clubs who wouldn’t make as much money be duped again?
There is a deal to be struck. There is no reason why the smaller clubs can’t make more than under the current TV deal. Too much money is now being siphoned off to the broadcasters and UEFA.

I know this is highly speculative and unlikely but if sheikh mansour decided to sell up, is it likely silver lake would want to own the club outright?
If so, what type of owner would they likely be?

There is a deal to be struck. There is no reason why the smaller clubs can’t make more than under the current TV deal. Too much money is now being siphoned off to the broadcasters and UEFA.

At team like Fulham Bournemouth wouldn’t make what he premier gives them now! Finish bottom with parachute payments you looking at around for one season if relegated around 140m! Could those teams make that much in one season?

Just so I understand, what do you mean by siphoned off to broadcasters? You mean they pay less into the game as a whole than the game could make with its own direct broadcasting?

And siphoned off to UEFA? You mean income from the CL that isn't repatriated to the various FAs?

Not sure I got your point ....

I just think the one lesson we have all learned from football is that "money talks." Whether we like it or not there are staggering profits to be made from the full digitisation of football. If clubs ran their own broadcast network they could deal direct with the sponsors and advdertisers, big games could be sold like boxing as pay-per-view, they could sell digital season tickets to millions of fans (and bars) across the world. Some of these fans will pay a premium to watch in virtual reality.
Clubs own the content so why would they continue to give their own product away to organisations like SKY, BT, UEFA, and FIFA? Clubs can hugely increase their revenues by dealing with their own customers directly. This why buyers are not put-off by the huge asking price for MUFC. Football is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world and has only just started getting going in huge markets like China, USA, and India. Women's football is also growing.
The crucial thing is that matchgoing fans get a fair deal because without full stadiums the product will be hard to sell. Change is on the way and the PL will be at the heart of it and so will all the major clubs and CFG. A new structure will have to be put in place to guarantee the pyramid, especially in England. This is not going away.
Absolutely right. There is a revolution just waiting to happen. There will be major arguments: will collective sales continue or will certain clubs insist on proprietary sales? There are new areas too: virtual stadiums and e-games spring to mind: City already involved in both these areas.
Sadly I won’t be around to see this but current youngsters will have multiple choices as to how they interact with football. Very exciting.

I know this is highly speculative and unlikely but if sheikh mansour decided to sell up, is it likely silver lake would want to own the club outright?
If so, what type of owner would they likely be?
1. He’s bound to get bored soon.
2. No way will he let go of a gold mine.
Pick your preferred scenario.

I wonder if the continued growth in MLS and the New York land and stadium deal will boost the value of CFG. I have always thought that MCFC provided most of the value for the group but I wonder if that will change moving forward. Sheikh Mansour has made big profits from his property investments in Manchester but can expect better returns in New York City. It is fascinating watching the stratospheric expansion of "little old City."
Yes, it will increase the value of NYCFC and CFG.

But it's years and years away before/if ever NYCFC revenues exceed MCFC.
1. MLS have just signed a 10 year exclusive streaming deal with Apple for $2.5 billion. So just $250mil pa (c 4x more than the existing deal) so just $250milpa between 29 MLS clubs + the league.clubs pa. That's peanuts by PL standard... MCFC alone pick up c£170million win the PL.
2. MLS don't have big bucks from CL - MCFC c€80m-€120m for k/o stages and beyond
3. Sponsorship income very low - not enough eye balls on TV coverage and a long,long time before numbers increase to anything like european levels (if ever).
4. Capacity of new stadium just 25,000
I could go on...

When you say big profits from property are you including the club or all the other developmens (flats etc)?
There will be an initial profit on selling something for more than it cost but a long-time before original capital recovered via rental income. Obviously they don't care because it is for the long-term

Absolutely right. There is a revolution just waiting to happen. There will be major arguments: will collective sales continue or will certain clubs insist on proprietary sales? There are new areas too: virtual stadiums and e-games spring to mind: City already involved in both these areas.
Sadly I won’t be around to see this but current youngsters will have multiple choices as to how they interact with football. Very exciting.

City already at the forefront of the virtual stadium concept with the Sony tie-up and likewise already into e-games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.