CFG Expansion | Başakşehir to join? (p70)

I just think the one lesson we have all learned from football is that "money talks." Whether we like it or not there are staggering profits to be made from the full digitisation of football. If clubs ran their own broadcast network they could deal direct with the sponsors and advdertisers, big games could be sold like boxing as pay-per-view, they could sell digital season tickets to millions of fans (and bars) across the world. Some of these fans will pay a premium to watch in virtual reality.
Clubs own the content so why would they continue to give their own product away to organisations like SKY, BT, UEFA, and FIFA? Clubs can hugely increase their revenues by dealing with their own customers directly. This why buyers are not put-off by the huge asking price for MUFC. Football is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world and has only just started getting going in huge markets like China, USA, and India. Women's football is also growing.
The crucial thing is that matchgoing fans get a fair deal because without full stadiums the product will be hard to sell. Change is on the way and the PL will be at the heart of it and so will all the major clubs and CFG. A new structure will have to be put in place to guarantee the pyramid, especially in England. This is not going away.
Certainly don’t disagree with that although I don’t want clubs to ‘do their own thing’ I certainly don’t understand why the Premier League don’t stream its own matches rather than outsource it to Sky/BT. The money they’d then make would be astronomical!

Nothing to see here. Chinese investment in UK sport being pared back in most areas including other Prem clubs.

Exactly this. CMC is also a partner, owning 30%, of a JV with CFG (33%) and a local company in Sichuan (37%) that owns 90% of the shares in Sichuan Jiuniu, the Chengdu-based member of CFG. There's no mention so far of CMC withdrawing from that venture, and at the moment there seems no basis to cast doubt over whether it will continue to be involved in the Group's operations in China.

I wonder if the continued growth in MLS and the New York land and stadium deal will boost the value of CFG. I have always thought that MCFC provided most of the value for the group but I wonder if that will change moving forward. Sheikh Mansour has made big profits from his property investments in Manchester but can expect better returns in New York City. It is fascinating watching the stratospheric expansion of "little old City."
There is the NYC stadium deal as well as Bahia coming up which is in excess of £1bn from memory

I just think the one lesson we have all learned from football is that "money talks." Whether we like it or not there are staggering profits to be made from the full digitisation of football. If clubs ran their own broadcast network they could deal direct with the sponsors and advdertisers, big games could be sold like boxing as pay-per-view, they could sell digital season tickets to millions of fans (and bars) across the world. Some of these fans will pay a premium to watch in virtual reality.
Clubs own the content so why would they continue to give their own product away to organisations like SKY, BT, UEFA, and FIFA? Clubs can hugely increase their revenues by dealing with their own customers directly. This why buyers are not put-off by the huge asking price for MUFC. Football is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world and has only just started getting going in huge markets like China, USA, and India. Women's football is also growing.
The crucial thing is that matchgoing fans get a fair deal because without full stadiums the product will be hard to sell. Change is on the way and the PL will be at the heart of it and so will all the major clubs and CFG. A new structure will have to be put in place to guarantee the pyramid, especially in England. This is not going away.

Spot on, it could majorly benefit the smaller teams. I wonder if there are a million County supporters world wide who would be happy to pay £2 a match to watch them play? The potential revenue could possibly prevent another Bury

Good points, well made. Perhaps the way technology is going it won’t be too long before players wear some sort of gizmo which will allow a subscriber to tune in and ‘become‘ that player for games playing in some sort of virtual reality via a headset. This will pander to the millions of (weirdo) fans who are emotionally tied to a player and not necessarily a team.
Reminiscent of Woody Allen and the orgasmatron in his 70s film Sleeper.
Glad I’m a FOC.

It’s inevitable that clubs will start to broadcast their own games at some point.

The challenge then is to keep football reasonably competitive. The PL, for all its faults, pays its teams far more equally than any other big league. This creates better content.

14 clubs for to agree with it though and the clubs who don’t get big support won’t vote for it there is probably around 6/8 teams who could earn more in selling there own tv rights! Plus the other clubs those 6/8 teams still have to have those other teams to play and if the other team say gets around 1/10 of them it’s not worth there while..

14 clubs for to agree with it though and the clubs who don’t get big support won’t vote for it there is probably around 6/8 teams who could earn more in selling there own tv rights! Plus the other clubs those 6/8 teams still have to have those other teams to play and if the other team say gets around 1/10 of them it’s not worth there while..
They voted for FFP…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.