CFG Expansion | Başakşehir to join? (p70)

Yup!
Despite its growing popularity here and it is growing exponentially every year. It will never compete with American Football, Baseball and Basketball the 3 distinct main sports.
College football in particular is an institution and command attendances on a par and well above mostly than those that dwell in the swamp!
unless you have taken an interest in the college system, it would come as a shock to non-Americans, mainly because there is nothing to compare it to. Vast is an understatement....

Decent background piece by Sam Wallace in the Telegraph

https://archive.ph/SXvnJ
nice one, with good information.

let me highlight this passage on the last paragraph: "Of all CFG’s clubs it has never taken on a club this historic or with such a large fanbase since it bought City".

when Soriano came here, last week, he made clear that our fanbase was one of the main assets that sparked CFG's interest on the club.

he said: "every matchday at the Etihad, in Manchester, we get 50,000 fans watching the game, and at Bahia is the same thing, the club draws a similar attendance every home match". (although I must admit that he was a bit diplomatic in saying so, since Bahia's average attendance is actually around 35,000 LOL)

so, CFG is looking to profit from the brazilian market as well, and it's not all about just developing footballing talent, even though this is of course one of the main objectives of the move.

nice one, with good information.

let me highlight this passage on the last paragraph: "Of all CFG’s clubs it has never taken on a club this historic or with such a large fanbase since it bought City".

when Soriano came here, last week, he made clear that our fanbase was one of the main assets that sparked CFG's interest on the club.

he said: "every matchday at the Etihad, in Manchester, we get 50,000 fans watching the game, and at Bahia is the same thing, the club draws a similar attendance every home match". (although I must admit that he was a bit diplomatic in saying so, since Bahia's average attendance is actually around 35,000 LOL)

so, CFG is looking to profit from the brazilian market as well, and it's not all about just developing footballing talent, even though this is of course one of the main objectives of the move.
Rag

Just kidding ;-)
Welcome to the chaos, watch out for the nutters, they are plenty.

hey there, lads! I know a lot of people are not big fans of The Athletic, but they've just published a nice in-depth piece about the purchase of Bahia by CFG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.