Chairman's Interview

This whole bollox about Chelsea having been banned was a joke. I can't recall if they appealed and had time to buy players until they were banned, but I do remember that they moved up their summer transfer plans to the winter window.

That's when they got Pulisic and loaned him back to Dortmund till the end of the season, so they could have his registration before the ban.

They had also loaned Kovacic from Madrid the previous summer, and because they had his registration, they decided to make his transfer a permanent one during the summer window when they were banned.

Come the summer their business was done, and then they just sat out the next winter window.

If you think about it they spent about 90 million when they were actually banned. They are the most creative at bending rules to the max. Then they splash out 200 million the following summer. Their ban was also after the summer they brought in jorginho, kepa, higuain, maurizio sarri and others.

They are notorious spenders offset by their astute selling when they sell discarded players for suspiciously crazy money. Remember oscar to china?

So we should all stop pedalling the banned folk tale.
Worked tho the won the big one

If you're bored of the Chairmans interview, don't watch it. If you think the Chairman got ESL wrong, don't watch it. If you think that team selection for the ECL was wrong, don't watch it. If you're thinking of not renewing your season ticket on the back of a bad season, don't watch it. If you think our Chairman is crap because he hasn't announced Harry Kane 5 minutes after the season has ended, don't watch it. However, if you're a fan, that has watched turgid football in Div 1, that has seen a previous Chairman steal gate receipts from the club, that has seen a move from Platt Lane to first class facilities, that has seen our club grow and grow, that has seen our owner pay for Club flights to a ECL final and has seen untold success, well maybe you might want to watch what our articulate, professional and dedicated Chairman has to say. I watched all three episodes and loved every minute of them. CTID

If you're bored of the Chairmans interview, don't watch it. If you think the Chairman got ESL wrong, don't watch it. If you think that team selection for the ECL was wrong, don't watch it. If you're thinking of not renewing your season ticket on the back of a bad season, don't watch it. If you think our Chairman is crap because he hasn't announced Harry Kane 5 minutes after the season has ended, don't watch it. However, if you're a fan, that has watched turgid football in Div 1, that has seen a previous Chairman steal gate receipts from the club, that has seen a move from Platt Lane to first class facilities, that has seen our club grow and grow, that has seen our owner pay for Club flights to a ECL final and has seen untold success, well maybe you might want to watch what our articulate, professional and dedicated Chairman has to say. I watched all three episodes and loved every minute of them. CTID
When you realise that the other supporters of Manchester (area) teams have had to storm the castle and wear ridiculous trousers in front of the worlds media just to get your owners to agree to "communicate a bit in future" That is when you realise the team you are supporting know what they are doing...mostly

Except not sign up to the ESL!!! That's one thing Khaldoon had to do and he didn't. Even if he was taking the fall for Soriano he should have used his influence with Sheikh Mansour to say no.
It is shocking to think the club got their strategy so badly wrong
The club's strategy was always to join some sort of Super League. Like the other clubs, they botched it because they really have no idea how their fans think and, more importantly, what the authorities like the PL & UEFA would do. That's why I found his faux apology and crocodile tears completely hollow and fake.

i worked for someone like Khaldoon. Brilliant communicator and an inspirational person, highly regarded in his field and by the investment analysts. After one of his quarterly pep talks you'd run through brick walls for him.

This was an insurance company and he (or someone clos to him) wrote a shockingly bad contract that was effectively open-ended, meaning we had to pay out unlimited losses. You can reinsure such contracts but that reinsurance won't be unlimited. When the company floated on the Stock Market, he said that the issue was sorted. He lied. It wasn't and there were increasingly desperate attempts to shore up the increasing losses, which led to a large fraud being carried out to hide the true situation from the stock market, the shareholders, our consulting actuaries and auditors. A few weeks after reporting strong profits, the company was basically insolvent as it couldn't meet its true liabilities. He went to prison for 7 years. Yet right up to the end, he was convincing people the cmpany was sound and continuing to grow.

Now I'm not for one moment suggesting anything similar is being perpetrated at City. but I am saying don't accept a glib, carefully prepared speech and careful choice of words as gospel.

The club's strategy was always to join some sort of Super League. Like the other clubs, they botched it because they really have no idea how their fans think and, more importantly, what the authorities like the PL & UEFA would do. That's why I found his faux apology and crocodile tears completely hollow and fake.

i worked for someone like Khaldoon. Brilliant communicator and an inspirational person, highly regarded in his field and by the investment analysts. After one of his quarterly pep talks you'd run through brick walls for him.

This was an insurance company and he (or someone clos to him) wrote a shockingly bad contract that was effectively open-ended, meaning we had to pay out unlimited losses. You can reinsure such contracts but that reinsurance won't be unlimited. When the company floated on the Stock Market, he said that the issue was sorted. He lied. It wasn't and there were increasingly desperate attempts to shore up the increasing losses, which led to a large fraud being carried out to hide the true situation from the stock market, the shareholders, our consulting actuaries and auditors. A few weeks after reporting strong profits, the company was basically insolvent as it couldn't meet its true liabilities. He went to prison for 7 years. Yet right up to the end, he was convincing people the cmpany was sound and continuing to grow.

Now I'm not for one moment suggesting anything similar is being perpetrated at City. but I am saying don't accept a glib, carefully prepared speech and careful choice of words as gospel.
except Khaldoon has a wider track record and profile and reports to chiefs you don't mess with.

We played them twice with our reserves and once with 2 of our best players out of their usual positions and no holding midfielder. Chelsea have got good players no doubt but would have been nice to have seen us play in the style that helped us piss the league rather than over complicating things and now making out they’re someone we need to try another system that rarely works for us when our best style is yet to fail against them.
Yeah fully agree. Pep had the same issue with United. If we didn’t tell Pep who we were playing and just told him it was West Ham or Burnley before kick off then I honestly think we’d be beating the Chelsea/United teams. But he seems to tinker and over complicate it against them.

Khaldoon, Ferran or maybe even the main man Sheik Mansour made a wrong decision, in twelve years of ownership one of a very few, most decisions taken by our execs have been incredible, in fact in terms of football, groundbreaking.

The super league in one form or another WILL happen, it has to, football has always evolved, it always will.

The one main error or the super league was to make it a closed shop, that was the major issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.