Chairman's Interview

You expected the Chairman to spill the beans?

There is nothing for a Chairman to do. Secure a budget from Sheikh Mansour, pass that to Txiki for negotiations, and then over to Pep to coach the side.

Khaldoon is a diplomat. His family were diplomats. Yes he can talk, and say and commit to nothing.
Every business should have one (a Mr K.)
As you say the board approved business plan is all that matters.
Hopefully it includes fans wishes as well but frankly Sheikh M. invested and it is up to him which direction we take.
The BP is cast in stone (well reappraised regularly to. account for change) and the management will be judged on the BP details.

The old rule that if you are going to be judged by accountants (P and L and BS) you had better start thinking like one applies just as much to City as it does to ASDA or M & S.

The club's strategy was always to join some sort of Super League. Like the other clubs, they botched it because they really have no idea how their fans think and, more importantly, what the authorities like the PL & UEFA would do. That's why I found his faux apology and crocodile tears completely hollow and fake.

i worked for someone like Khaldoon. Brilliant communicator and an inspirational person, highly regarded in his field and by the investment analysts. After one of his quarterly pep talks you'd run through brick walls for him.

This was an insurance company and he (or someone clos to him) wrote a shockingly bad contract that was effectively open-ended, meaning we had to pay out unlimited losses. You can reinsure such contracts but that reinsurance won't be unlimited. When the company floated on the Stock Market, he said that the issue was sorted. He lied. It wasn't and there were increasingly desperate attempts to shore up the increasing losses, which led to a large fraud being carried out to hide the true situation from the stock market, the shareholders, our consulting actuaries and auditors. A few weeks after reporting strong profits, the company was basically insolvent as it couldn't meet its true liabilities. He went to prison for 7 years. Yet right up to the end, he was convincing people the cmpany was sound and continuing to grow.

Now I'm not for one moment suggesting anything similar is being perpetrated at City. but I am saying don't accept a glib, carefully prepared speech and careful choice of words as gospel.
There's much more to Khaldoon than communicating and inspiring. Integrity and honesty, absolute positivity and setting an example are a major part of the style. Iv worked under the same regime at Barclays with a couple of managers and the difference in achievment was amazing. Hard work but so much more positive.

We're lucky in that we have that approach right down the pyramid from top to bottom, we even sign players with the same mindset , humble and hard working.

So I do believe he is honest (Or at least more honest than other businessmen), I think it's an important part of his makeup and a very important part of getting others on board.

The club's strategy was always to join some sort of Super League. Like the other clubs, they botched it because they really have no idea how their fans think and, more importantly, what the authorities like the PL & UEFA would do. That's why I found his faux apology and crocodile tears completely hollow and fake.

i worked for someone like Khaldoon. Brilliant communicator and an inspirational person, highly regarded in his field and by the investment analysts. After one of his quarterly pep talks you'd run through brick walls for him.

This was an insurance company and he (or someone clos to him) wrote a shockingly bad contract that was effectively open-ended, meaning we had to pay out unlimited losses. You can reinsure such contracts but that reinsurance won't be unlimited. When the company floated on the Stock Market, he said that the issue was sorted. He lied. It wasn't and there were increasingly desperate attempts to shore up the increasing losses, which led to a large fraud being carried out to hide the true situation from the stock market, the shareholders, our consulting actuaries and auditors. A few weeks after reporting strong profits, the company was basically insolvent as it couldn't meet its true liabilities. He went to prison for 7 years. Yet right up to the end, he was convincing people the cmpany was sound and continuing to grow.

Now I'm not for one moment suggesting anything similar is being perpetrated at City. but I am saying don't accept a glib, carefully prepared speech and careful choice of words as gospel.
20 years ago this month Mr Bright did his thing at aforementioned insurance company. Jesus I feel old.

If you're bored of the Chairmans interview, don't watch it. If you think the Chairman got ESL wrong, don't watch it. If you think that team selection for the ECL was wrong, don't watch it. If you're thinking of not renewing your season ticket on the back of a bad season, don't watch it. If you think our Chairman is crap because he hasn't announced Harry Kane 5 minutes after the season has ended, don't watch it. However, if you're a fan, that has watched turgid football in Div 1, that has seen a previous Chairman steal gate receipts from the club, that has seen a move from Platt Lane to first class facilities, that has seen our club grow and grow, that has seen our owner pay for Club flights to a ECL final and has seen untold success, well maybe you might want to watch what our articulate, professional and dedicated Chairman has to say. I watched all three episodes and loved every minute of them. CTID
An excellent chairman and such a smooth operator. The only time he looked uneasy was when he was asked about the ESL. Body language was a big give away. Sat up immediately, crossed his arms in front of himself - very defensive gesture. He knows they fucked up. He tried his best with the old line of sometimes you can't get everything right but he's never going to spill the beans as exactly what went on. I don't think we were the big instigators, we just went along because we were afraid of being left behind. It was an American sports model being pushed by American owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.