Champions League 1/4 final draw (PSG)

Against Benfica and Wolfburg we'd be favourites.
PSG, Atleti and Real underdogs, but in with a decent chance.
Barca or Bayern and our chances would be very slim.

With a bit of luck we can get to the final, then anything can happen in a one off match.

Assuming Barcelona and Bayern go through

Order of preferance:

Wolfsburg
Benfica
Atletico Madrid
Paris St Germain
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Barcelona

Order of preference (least to most):

Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Atletico
PSG
Real Madrid
Wolfsburg
Benfica

The champions league is such a ridiculous competition. Because we've never progressed I've never paid too much attention to it. However there is so much luck involved. We could get benfica in the next round and then somehow get Wolsburg in the semi (obviously the best case scenario) then all of a sudden we are in the champions league final and we haven't played anyone of any note (except juventus who we lost at home to). However if we get anyone other than those 2 teams the outcome will be somewhat inevitable.

Gutted, I'm (far) out of the country for both legs of the quarter finals, first home European game missed since we returned under Keegan (not including the game at Oakwell).

I guess I've seen my last European game this season tonight then.
What are the dates for the quarters?

The champions league is such a ridiculous competition. Because we've never progressed I've never paid too much attention to it. However there is so much luck involved. We could get benfica in the next round and then somehow get Wolsburg in the semi (obviously the best case scenario) then all of a sudden we are in the champions league final and we haven't played anyone of any note (except juventus who we lost at home to). However if we get anyone other than those 2 teams the outcome will be somewhat inevitable.

Luck doesn't make it a ridiculous competition. There is luck involved in many matches also. A refereeing error, a bad call by linesman, a deflected goal, an off-day happens often. That doesn't mean a football match itself is ridiculous. Chelsea did not get any 'luck of the draw' in their CL win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.