Champions League 1/4 final draw (PSG)

Luck doesn't make it a ridiculous competition. There is luck involved in many matches also. A refereeing error, a bad call by linesman, a deflected goal, an off-day happens often. That doesn't mean a football match itself is ridiculous. Chelsea did not get any 'luck of the draw' in their CL win.
Calling it the champions league is ridiculous though when it's anything but.

Real Vs Barce
City Vs Wolfsberg
PSV/ A.Madrid Vs PSG
Bayern Vs Benfica

Barce Vs Bayern
City Vs PSG

City Vs Bayern

A typical City outcome.

I think we'll get Munich in the 1/4's, one thing for sure with the honest UEFA ball pickers is Real won't get Ath Madrid or Barca.

Last edited:
Luck doesn't make it a ridiculous competition. There is luck involved in many matches also. A refereeing error, a bad call by linesman, a deflected goal, an off-day happens often. That doesn't mean a football match itself is ridiculous. Chelsea did not get any 'luck of the draw' in their CL win.

Yeh I agree. However in the premier league a bad decision in a game doesn't define your season as you have many more matches to make up for it. However in a knock out competition they are obviously more crucial

Calling it the champions league is ridiculous though when it's anything but.

Depends on how you define/see it. I "see" it as a competition involving champions of Top European leagues and other top teams. Just like I call Barcelona as a world class team even though not all their players are 'world class'. Nothing ridiculous in the "name" .

With Pep joining us, I am going to relish this competition and hoping to see us in the Q/F and S/F more often from now on.

Yeh I agree. However in the premier league a bad decision in a game doesn't define your season as you have many more matches to make up for it. However in a knock out competition they are obviously more crucial

Not denying that. But, that is part of every cup competition. If you're calling CL is ridiculous based on 'luck of the draw', then by the same breath, the League Cup, FA Cup should also be labeled the same.

This would be the ideal draw (IMO)

City - Wolfsburg
Benfica - Atletico
Bayern - Barca
Real - PSG

Let the four "favourites" take care of each other and maybe we beat Wolfsburg and get Benfica/Atletico in the semi-final and see how it shakes out from there.

Benfica
Wolfsburg
Atletico
Real
PSG
Bayern
Barca

in that order

Honestly tho if we don't draw Benfica or Wolfsburg I think we're out. With a smart manager we should beat Atletico, who are quite poor at breaking down teams, but it's blatantly obvious that MP would leave us open to the counter - the only tactic Atletico are good at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.