Champions League 15/16 seeding - City CONFIRMED Pot 2 - Pg20

Re: Champions League 2015/16 seedings - City in pot 2/3?

One step closer to making it the "champions" league :p

If we do get in the Champions League and end up in pot 2 with them lot, I would put money on them drawing PSV or Zenit from pot 1 and us getting one of Bayern or Barca/Real

Ja Salford Blue said:
If we do get in the Champions League and end up in pot 2 with them lot, I would put money on them drawing PSV or Zenit from pot 1 and us getting one of Bayern or Barca/Real
As they say "I'd bet my house on it".

Have finally had enough of this shite competition and will be giving it a miss next season (if we make it).

UEFA don't actually want it to be a competition, they just want their friends to compete for it year on year.

Ja Salford Blue said:

That's a caste iron certainty.

We definitely need to make pot 2, if we end up a pot 3 side we're guaranteed to end up with both Bayern and Real, or a similar combination, in our group.

Pot 2 will possibly be stronger than Pot 1, we really need to get into Pot 2

Pot 2 or pot 3 is not important as being lucky in the same group with Pot 1 as Russian / French league champion

123playcard said:
Pot 2 or pot 3 is not important as being lucky in the same group with Pot 1 as Russian / French league champion

Don't agree with that at all. If we qualify, getting pot 2 is absolutely vital.

First of all French league champions is likely to be PSG, who all jokes aside have a decent squad, so I've no idea why you'd want them. So there's a 1 in 8 chance go getting Zenit regardless of being in pot 2/3.

If we qualify for pot 3 then we will very likely be drawn with one of Atletico/Barca/Real/Benfica/Porto/Leverkusen/Valencia, whereas qualifying for pot 2 would give us one of Basel/Shaktar/Dynamo Kiev/PSV/Ajax/Sporting.

I'd much rather have one of the latter than the former.

Here's hoping PSG do well in their remaining fixtures anyway.

@martynziegler - Arsenal, Man U not top seeds in CL next year due to rule change. Man C likely 3rd seeds as out of top 16 in Europe

@martynziegler - CL winner plus domestic champs from Eng, Ger, Ita, Fra, Spa, Por, Rus, Ukr to be top seeds, and from Ned if CL winner also domestic champ

@martynziegler - Dynamo Kiev and PSV Eindhoven likely to be top seeds for CL as well which would push Man City into group of 3rd seeds.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...rankings/club/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...rankings/club/</a>

Andouble said:
@martynziegler - Arsenal, Man U not top seeds in CL next year due to rule change. Man C likely 3rd seeds as out of top 16 in Europe

@martynziegler - CL winner plus domestic champs from Eng, Ger, Ita, Fra, Spa, Por, Rus, Ukr to be top seeds, and from Ned if CL winner also domestic champ

@martynziegler - Dynamo Kiev and PSV Eindhoven likely to be top seeds for CL as well which would push Man City into group of 3rd seeds.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...rankings/club/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...rankings/club/</a>

He's talking absolute shite there then. From his second point - how can "Eng, Ger, Ita, Fra, Spa, Por, Rus, Ukr to be top seeds, and from Ned if CL winner also domestic champ" be true when that's nine countries he's listed. He's also got the Ukraine thing wrong - guidelines clearly state country coefficients as of last year are what count, putting netherlands before Ukraine.

Kiev don't factor into it. PSV could push us out, but as per the OP, that's if PSG don't win the French league + Valencia get 4th + CL winners win their league. We are 17th as he mentioned in the first point, but Dortmund and Shalke being ahead of us in the rankings and (currently) not qualifying for the CL will help us immensely. The only way we'll get in pot 3 is if those two teams are replaced by Lyon + PSV into the top pot, as both are currently behind us. Simples.

For a journalist he seems pretty clueless....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.