Champions League 19/20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cptaidan88, 20 May 2019.

1. Marvin

Marvin

City are favourites to win it.

City 4/1
    Barcelona 11/2
    Liverpool 7/1

I don't really feel like we should be because City have got a mental block like PSG with this competition.

But it should be wide open. The Spanish clubs look like they are in disarray. Ronaldo and Messi's eras are fast coming to an end. I think the strength of City's challenge will depend on how we do in the League. Can we spare resources from what is likely to be another intense Premier League campaign?

2. berryblue

berryblue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Too near a war zone for me. Ask the family of the Newcastle fans shot down in that area.

3. cptaidan88

cptaidan88

Ask them what exactly?

4. Gabriel

Gabriel

Agree. Not 100% sure but I think that not since Mourinho’s Internazionale won it in 2010 has a team won it without having reached the final beforehand. We’ve made positive steps but only been in one semi-final, and while it’s maybe not a mental block, I’d suggest Liverpool are better placed to retain it than we are to win it. I say that by dint of the fact that our target is to win every game and thus all trophies whereas Liverpool might again restrict their focus. We would also have to be very fortunate with injuries to go the distance on both fronts, and the early weeks have shown that that is highly unlikely.

5. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Halesowen... for my sins but Cardiff is home
    Surprises me that we're favourites, our record is bloody awful in the CL

paulchapo likes this.
  6. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

The officials record is fantastic......pissing money away betting on us to win it.

bluemoon32 likes this.
  7. 7evens

7evens

I'd make us favourites this year purely because the away goals rule isn't involved. Means Pep's cautious approach in the knockouts won't cost us anywhere near as much.

8. Kokonut1307

Kokonut1307

I would say that poor refereeing decisions has been the reason for our stagnation in the competition, rather than a mental block.

Neville Kneville likes this.
  9. Still though, there is more pressure on us than the likes of Liverpool, as we haven't won it yet as well as the ref situation, & we tend to give away an advantage

Even half decent defending would have seen us past Liverpool, Spurs & Monaco & we missed a pen.

Kokonut1307 likes this.
  10. BlueindianNewcity

BlueindianNewcity

Is it scrapped ?