Champions League 2018/2019 (Shaktar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim)

Can someone explain how the draw always works given teams can't play clubs from same country etc.

This year for example Spain had 3 clubs in pot 1. You'd have thought somewhere along the line the draw would break down

Can someone explain how the draw always works given teams can't play clubs from same country etc.

This year for example Spain had 3 clubs in pot 1. You'd have thought somewhere along the line the draw would break down
Nah, it’s all computer generated. When there are 4 clubs from one country, like England, then 2 clubs go in each half of the draw and then they play opposite home and aways.

Away at Napoli a few days before we visit Anfield, if they get beat at home by PSG in the first game they will need points from Naples so that could be massively advantageous for us.

This is Anfield we are talking about. We could have 15 players and they have a team full of cholera ridden apprentices and we would still
Struggle to win!

No doubt the wives and partners of a few fans on here will have booked holidays abroad (for two) that coincide with our September/October Ch League fixtures - resulting in a few insincere 'It's alright love' comments. Thankfully, our week in Spain fits nicely in between our first two fixtures.

Reactions: jrb
Total nonsense
Away at Napoli a few days before we visit Anfield, if they get beat at home by PSG in the first game they will need points from Naples so that could be massively advantageous for us.
They should get the better of PSG at Klanfield. They will rest a few in Italy to be ready foe us.

Total nonsense

They should get the better of PSG at Klanfield. They will rest a few in Italy to be ready foe us.
How the fuck can it be “total nonsense”?

Maybe you might not agree, but it’s hardly nonsense. PSG could easily do them and I’ll bet you they go full strength in Naples.

This is Anfield we are talking about. We could have 15 players and they have a team full of cholera ridden apprentices and we would still
Struggle to win!
We'll win there again one day, maybe this will be our year.

I'm 56, I think its three wins in my lifetime (not just my time supporting City).

Struggle to win!
Oh, I completely agree mate, it’s a game I instantly write off as a no pointer. However. I’d love to be proved wrong one day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.