Champions League 2018/2019 (Shaktar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim)

Haven't caught up all the pages yet so sorry if this has already been said but it's good we've got the last game at home. If it's a dead rubber it's a massive hassle for the entire squad and management to fly out for a nothing game, and I think Pep's more likely to give a few more kids runs out in front of the home crowd.

Good point

Lyon booked a hotel with free cancellation in city centre.
Where is the ground,would I be better elsewhere.

The stadium is way out in the east of the city by the motorway. It takes ages getting back after the game but everyone will be in the same boat.

Not the only option. You can also book into a hotel in the Part-Dieu area (around the main station, many hotels, I sometimes stay at the Ibis there in winter on my way out to Manc), and catch a good tram called the Rhône Express, which leaves from directly on the east exit of the station. It goes right out to the airport, but on the way, there's a stop for the stadium. You can't miss it, the stadium is hugely visible from the tramline. In any case, there'll be a mass of OL supporters getting off at that stop. It's almost certainly the best and quickest option. Of course, if you're coming down by car then I suppose it makes sense to take your vehicle to the stadium. But you'll get snarled up, just as around the Etihad when you're trying to get away.

(Couldn't open a new thread so i'm posting it here)
Hello Cityzens, me and my brother are visiting Manchester for a week in september (18.9-23.9) and we would love to watch a city game. So my question is: What are the chances to get 2 tickets for the UCL game against Lyon. Is there any way to get it from the official website without having a membership and not living in the UK? If not, is there any other trusted website to look for or is there a realisitic chance to get 2tickets in front of the stadium on matchday?

Thanks guys and greetings from Dortmund.

While I am also happy with the draw I think we have to be careful not to underestimate the other teams. They are not easy any of them. Hoffenheim for example gave Bayern München a good game last Friday evening in the Bundesliga season opener. It would not have been undeserved if that had ended in a draw. Bayern was helped with a more than doubtful penalty, which nobody could explain, except as an example of why VAR does not work as intended. Hoffenheim played extremely physical, at times almost brutal, and as a result Coman went out injured. He will be out for a couple of months I think.

That is Hoffenheim's trainings ground. They are very inventive with e.g. a footballnaut on the ground and the big video wall that Nagelsmann uses for tactical training throughout his match preparations directly on the field.

595e1cc751a783122d000001.jpeg

Hoffenheim had a good game last Friday - but with another referee they would not have seen the break with 11 men on the pitch. But the penalty was very soft - and despite the 20 minutes after the break Bayern always was dominant. I had the feeling that the Coman injury had an effect on the players. Coman had just come back after missing out the big games and the World Cup and now it is the same injury again. And I never have seen so many players taking care of a player so long trying to comfort him. If it would not have been for the penalty it would have been another goal - it just was the time. You saw the fitness gap at the end of the match. Müller's second goal should have been given - it was not an intentional handball and he even turned away from the ball.

Hoffenheim - especially the match in Hoffenheim - never was an easy match since Nagelsmann is coach there.

How does your team perform against a team with 3 or 5 on the back?

As usual with the Champions League it’s all about a good start. Win the first
3 and the pressure is off. Start with a draw and pressure builds.

A big plus would be if we could win the group early and the likes of Liverpool go to the final game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.