Champions League 2018/2019 (Shaktar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim)

Slightly off topic , but still Europe. Was looking at my old programs the other night ( sad I know!) but UEFA Cup 1976 City v Juventus , one of the best atmospheres ever in the Kippax, anyone else remember that game? I think we won ?

We won, 1-0 and then lost the return leg 2-0.
United drew them in the next round and won 1-0 but lost the return leg 3-0.
My 13 year old brain took that as a victory over the rags.
It was a great night, I was in the Platt Lane with my brother and dad.

General question.

For those of you who haven’t been tempted in previous season’s, are you going to attend the matches this season, or are you still not bothered?

I’m in the CL Cup scheme, but have binned the League Cup and FA Cup schemes.

Apart from watching City, I use the CL as an excuse to do as many City breaks as possible. Don’t do them all. Thanks to the CL I’ve bern to Barcelona 3 times, Madrid, Seville, Naples, Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Milan(took a punt on City reaching the final), Bergamot(Milan trip). Hoping to do them all or as many as possible this season. Wouldn’t mind a few new cities to go to.
As usual I am not in the cup scheme but we look to attend a few away legs.

Would be surprised if we win it but I think anything less than semi-finals is a failure.

Hope we get Inter Milan from Pot 4. Easier teams in that pot but Inter was always one of those teams I dreamed of seeing us play.

Assuming Benfica, Red Bull, and PSV progress tonight, my order of preference would be the following;

Pot 2
Benfica, Porto, Dortmund, Roma, Napoli, Shakhtar

Pot 3
PSV, Red Bull, Lyon, Monaco, Schalke, Ajax, CSKA Moscow

Pot 4
Galatasaray, AEK, Young Boys, Club Brugge, Valencia, Inter, Plzen, Hoffenheim

Assuming Benfica, Red Bull, and PSV progress tonight, my order of preference would be the following;

Pot 2

Pot 3

Pot 4

Porto, Red Bull & Plzen plz :)

Pot 2

Pot 3

Pot 4

Wouldnt mind Monaco at all atm,they are really piss poor and i don´t see them ipmrove much either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.