Champions League 2018/2019 (Shaktar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim)

General question.

For those of you who haven’t been tempted in previous season’s, are you going to attend the matches this season, or are you still not bothered?

I’m in the CL Cup scheme, but have binned the League Cup and FA Cup schemes.

Apart from watching City, I use the CL as an excuse to do as many City breaks as possible. Don’t do them all. Thanks to the CL I’ve bern to Barcelona 3 times, Madrid, Seville, Naples, Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Milan(took a punt on City reaching the final), Bergamot(Milan trip). Hoping to do them all or as many as possible this season. Wouldn’t mind a few new cities to go to.

I’m basically an away only fan when it comes to European games. Living in Oz means only getting to games in bunches. Any of the more popular away trips can be a struggle in terms of getting a ticket even if I’m over here. No season ticket and hence no great amount of points accumulated. Can be a punish. Have ended up in the home fans a few times but I’d rather be amongst blues.

Have managed to get to two uefa cup games and then two Europa games and seven CL games. All away except the home game against Napoli last season. Favourites for me were Naples, Rome, Villarreal, Monchengladbach. Would love a Portuguese team this year.

I also like to try and get to a nearby fixture the day before or after ours. Last year went to Roma-Chelsea night before Napoli and then Lazio-Nice day after. A great way to travel following our boys in blue.

Teams that have progressed tonight;
Ajax, Young Boys of Berne, and AEK Athens.

Three final games tomorrow night
PAOK (1) v Benfica (1)
RB Salzburg (0) v Red Star Belgrade (0)
PSV Eindhoven (3) v BATE Borisov (2)

i'd be so pissed off if we play Benfica away on matchday 1, as it's 3 days before i go out to Lisbon on my holidays. Bad timing that would be. bad timing.
A Benfica win puts the dippers in pot 3 so well worth the sacrifice

Just whoever the three weakest possible opponents can be - qualify as quickly as possible so we can then rest key players for the premier league games.

I don't understand the ambivalence towards the CL, to grow as a club and maintain a domestic challenge the finance is necessary. We all know Uefa is corrupt but we should still get behind our own Club, fuck Uefa, support City, seen some cracking games in the CL and the atmosphere has been good as well and strangely the early leavers are in the minority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.