Champions League 2018/2019 (Shaktar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim)

Looking forward to the draw. I hate UEFA but I must say I love the CL after experiencing us getting out of the group and into the knockouts. The hype and drama around those games is just so big and makes it all the more exciting. I really look at us being capable of beating anyone now. Our style of play still means we need to have a mistake free 90 minutes to win a tie. A performance like the one at Wolves would see us torn apart by many sides. But we can equally dominate and beat anyone and everyone.

Glad to be in Pot 1 as we should be in the top 2 quite easily unless we get a ridiculous draw. Hoping for some new teams and new places to visit. Would love for Liverpool to get a group of death so that front 3 has even more game time. The way they went all out in pre-season makes me thing they will be burnt out by March. Especially as they still rely on counter attacks by pressing high up the pitch. They can't sustain that in a league season and a tough CL campaign makes it all the more likely they will crumble early in the league.

man city will get the best seeded teams from the pots and liverpool will get looked after ?? and the draw is a fix and when they start to hand place teams in pots because of tv and teams from the same country/town can not play on the same night so tuesday and wednesday games are also hand picked from the pots of 8 ????

Slightly off topic , but still Europe. Was looking at my old programs the other night ( sad I know!) but UEFA Cup 1976 City v Juventus , one of the best atmospheres ever in the Kippax, anyone else remember that game? I think we won ?

Really want a trip to Istanbul or Athens. Shame Zagreb went out last night as that would have been a top trip.

went to Zagreb and Athens with Hearts
both brilliant trips .. a bit like Napoli with the constant intimidating feel and police overkill

Fuck Benfica. Shit fans, boring club. PAOK would be unreal in the Champions League. Their fans are absolutely mental. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for AEK in the group stage. It would be a cheap trip for me having family in Athens.

Went to Zagreb for a few nights last year and thought it was brilliant. Would love to go back with City, can imagine it would be a little less relaxed for the football though.

aye its pretty mental their ultras Bad Blue Boys caused a fair bit bother in Edinburgh and were out in force at home
still a great place to go though

Slightly off topic , but still Europe. Was looking at my old programs the other night ( sad I know!) but UEFA Cup 1976 City v Juventus , one of the best atmospheres ever in the Kippax, anyone else remember that game? I think we won ?
Yeah they kicked the shit out of us and we had zero protection from the ref....Fast forward 42 years and we still get dumped on by officials.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.