Champions League 2020/21

The Champions League (cup) died when the winners of the top European leagues stopped playing a knockout competition.. What we have now is a load of corrupt bollocks designed to line the pockets of the usual suspects, the problem is, they keep changing the rules to accommodate them as they become less relevant and other teams become more successful using the same model they have, which they cannot deal with ...!

This is the only reason that the winners of the Thursday night cup now qualify for it and laughably get put into pot 1, not pot 4 ..

I’d love City to win it this season to get the monkey off their backs and stick the finger up to UEFA, then never play in it again, until it goes back to being a European Cup, played in by the winners of Europe’s leagues .... !
I know this is not going to happen, in fact it will get more corrupt each passing season, I’m just sick to the back teeth of this shithouse competition and the rank corruption and hypocrisy associated with it...!

All the earlier round bullshit is just UEFA lining their own pockets, deny that if you can.
Easily.

It's giving revenue to clubs that deserve to be part of the competition based on domestic results.

The lesser countries/clubs get money to keep them alive, yes uefa make money too, but you should not forget the clubs who maybe don't get this far but do make something from it in the earlier rounds, and we as fans should encourage as many smaller nations/clubs to be involved, because what you suggest is even worse shite.

Easily.

It's giving revenue to clubs that deserve to be part of the competition based on domestic results.

The lesser countries/clubs get money to keep them alive, yes uefa make money too, but you should not forget the clubs who maybe don't get this far but do make something from it in the earlier rounds, and we as fans should encourage as many smaller nations/clubs to be involved, because what you suggest is even worse shite.
Not denying the clubs benefit, but I'd wager UEFA make more in sponsorship and advertising than goes back into the clubs.

I really hope that City can win the Champions League either this season or next time. I really don’t like the dogs’ breakfast that UEFA have got lined for the future. It will certainly count me out of UEFA competitions if it comes in. I may also pull out if domestic matches if the new CL format really messes with the Premier League season.

So far, prior to this season, I have only missed two home CL matches since City first entered. The first was the opening fixture against Napoli and the second was the match against Lyon when the weather blew down the wires on the railway.

I think that the current balance is about right as things stand but extra European matches would have bad consequences.

I really hope that City can win the Champions League either this season or next time. I really don’t like the dogs’ breakfast that UEFA have got lined for the future. It will certainly count me out of UEFA competitions if it comes in. I may also pull out if domestic matches if the new CL format really messes with the Premier League season.

So far, prior to this season, I have only missed two home CL matches since City first entered. The first was the opening fixture against Napoli and the second was the match against Lyon when the weather blew down the wires on the railway.

I think that the current balance is about right as things stand but extra European matches would have bad consequences.
Each to their own but I hate the competition and, although I have a season ticket, I have not been for a good few years now. Always tag the FA Cup matches on to my season card and decide on a game by game basis if I want to go to League Cup matches. I suspect it is an age thing that I have never grown to love it.

Each to their own but I hate the competition and, although I have a season ticket, I have not been for a good few years now. Always tag the FA Cup matches on to my season card and decide on a game by game basis if I want to go to League Cup matches. I suspect it is an age thing that I have never grown to love it.

Dont think it's an age thing, my dads 78 and loves the CL , think that why I like it and my son
It bring something different than Premier league and domestic cups.
Each to their own as you say , everyone's different, we can agree one thing tho UEFA are twats.

The Champions League (cup) died when the winners of the top European leagues stopped playing a knockout competition.. What we have now is a load of corrupt bollocks designed to line the pockets of the usual suspects, the problem is, they keep changing the rules to accommodate them as they become less relevant and other teams become more successful using the same model they have, which they cannot deal with ...!

This is the only reason that the winners of the Thursday night cup now qualify for it and laughably get put into pot 1, not pot 4 ..

I’d love City to win it this season to get the monkey off their backs and stick the finger up to UEFA, then never play in it again, until it goes back to being a European Cup, played in by the winners of Europe’s leagues .... !
I know this is not going to happen, in fact it will get more corrupt each passing season, I’m just sick to the back teeth of this shithouse competition and the rank corruption and hypocrisy associated with it...!
I would be a rich man if I got a quid for everyone of these posts I've read on here over the last number of years. At this stage they are becoming increasingly tedious and boring.

I would be a rich man if I got a quid for everyone of these posts I've read on here over the last number of years. At this stage they are becoming increasingly tedious and boring.
A bit like the laughably named "CHAMPIONS League".

A total of 17 teams in the group stages were not champions of their respected countries, that is 53%.

Last edited:
The difference between the Champions League and those cups is that you get the opportunity to watch some truly world-class players and teams. If it wasn't for the Champions League I probably wouldn't have ever watched Messi play live - that's something I'll tell my grandkids about.

I've seen:

Messi
Neymar
Lewandowski
Muller
Reus
Marcelo
Lahm
Iniesta
Busquets
Benzema
Buffon
Chiellini
Bonucci
Dybala

to name a few players!

Dortmund in 2012
Monaco in 2017

Were both great teams that took a lot of us by surprise.

The FA and League cups are great in their own right, but the Champions League is special too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.