Champions League - 2021/22

You reap what you sow city ,maybe it needs an empty stadium to re focus that it's the legacy fan they need

great point. The club seem to only care about corporate fans and attracting tourists. Reality is, we heavily rely on our core local support. If we don’t show up the grounds half empty.

the club need to sort out the terrible ticket office and communication between fans

Last edited:
As a season ticket holder I wouldn't have much of an issue with one-off match tickets being the same price pro-rata. There are plenty of benefits to being a season ticket holder these days (ie first dibs on finals etc and more loyalty points).

As a season ticket holder I wouldn't have much of an issue with one-off match tickets being the same price pro-rata. There are plenty of benefits to being a season ticket holder these days (ie first dibs on finals etc and more loyalty points).
We don't really have an issue selling out league games though (hence why the prices are so high). It's the midweek cup games that are the problem and I'm not sure pricing is the issue. They could give tickets away for free and it still wouldn't encourage people to travel from outside Greater Manchester to the lesser games.

I have an idea for an incentive to improve gates at the early mid-week cup games.

Offer cup schemes to non-seasoncard holders. If they commit to going to every UCL game (or League Cup/FA Cup) they get priority for final tickets over seasoncard holders who aren't on the scheme.

The other option (which I don't advocate) is to make UCL games compulsory for seasoncard holders like Liverpool, United and Chelsea do - if we did that our gates would be bigger, but at the expense of our supporters.

I have an idea for an incentive to improve gates at the early mid-week cup games.

Offer cup schemes to non-seasoncard holders. If they commit to going to every UCL game (or League Cup/FA Cup) they get priority for final tickets over seasoncard holders who aren't on the scheme.

The other option (which I don't advocate) is to make UCL games compulsory for seasoncard holders like Liverpool, United and Chelsea do - if we did that our gates would be bigger, but at the expense of our supporters.
Don't give them any ideas FFS

Haha the club would probably make it compulsory and then put out a tweet saying cup tickets are non transferable.

It was a reply on the supporters service twitter thing. Didn't say why, I mean, why should they have to explain themselves.
I have still not had any money taken out for leipzig and Southampton is still showing on my phone.
Southampton still showing on my phone too. Am wondering when it will change, part of me doesn't trust it to do so.

Also normally at these games you get a lot of non-city fans from abroad who take up the slack, foreign students and the like, a lot of of French around me normally even if not playing a French team. These people are unlikely to be in the country now.
I suspect this is a much more realistic reason than the quite specific complaints about mobile ticketing or ticket office stuff to be honest. International student recruitment is down by about 40% across the sector, and I think lots of unis are still offering online stuff for Chinese students. This is a perfect storm of pandemic + Brexit + new immigration laws. The Manchester unis are some of the biggest recruiters here, but lots of international students would travel from surrounding cities to see a CL game. Once you include international tourism into Manchester, typically 1m+ a year, plus the fact the first CL game is before home students are back anyway, which is another 400k a year, I'd quite comfortably say that is anywhere between 5k and 20k tickets that we might have sold otherwise. For whatever reason, many "old school" City fans don't come to CL games, but the people who normally take their place won't be here either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.