Champions League - 2021/22

Just me personally mate if you enjoy it then fair does.
It's been crucial to our development but if it doesn't float your boat it's a personal choice. My mate never bothers going to the CL games but went to Portugal for the final and was almost begging for a ticket, couldn't get my head around that.

We are in the hardest group based on the coefficients, the Lille group is the easiest and the second easiest is the one the Rags got. Liverpool in the second hardest group and Chelsea the third hardest.

The group with Inter Milan and Real Madrid got two of the six qualifiers we got none of them, absolutely barking mad.

The draw as usual was a bloody farce and why anybody gives this competition the time of day is a mystery to me.
We got quite an easy group last season so it's swings and roundabouts.

The format of the competition usually makes being in Pot 1 an advantage, but there were so many fluke results last season (Lille, Inter, Villareal, Athletico, Chelsea) that pot 2 was inevitably going to have some big hitters!

The make up of the pots was a joke to begin with. Rags and Liverpool shouldn't have been in the same pot, same with Barcelona and Real Madrid. Stupid coefficient weightings to favour UEFA's "golden boys".
It is based on points for wins and draws over 5 seasons and bonuses for getting to different stages.

The national coefficient only helps if a team have been out a Europe for a number of years like city benefited from it in the past, but it is not added on just a safety net. The national coefficients do determine which teams end up in pot one for winning the league, which mean Man United, Liverpool, Barcelona and R. Madrid end up in pot 2 rather than pot 1, but either way they would all be in the same pot.

When do we get dates for games, doesn't usually take 24 hours before they're released

We are in the hardest group based on the coefficients, the Lille group is the easiest and the second easiest is the one the Rags got. Liverpool in the second hardest group and Chelsea the third hardest.

The group with Inter Milan and Real Madrid got two of the six qualifiers we got none of them, absolutely barking mad.

The draw as usual was a bloody farce and why anybody gives this competition the time of day is a mystery to me.
Would be starting with Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair if we didn't have CL. Big players want to play in European competitions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.