Champions League - 2022/23

Who will be champions of Europe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that we're the best team in the competition I want a complete glamour draw.

Something like:

Barca
Inter
Rangers

or

Juve
Dortmund
Celtic

We'll get through any group, so I'd rather full stadiums with good matches over boring games against the likes of Shaktar (again).

The TV pairings have now appeared on the UEFA website (see below). They seem to have expanded the concept this season and included countries with only two teams like Portugal and Scotland. Which makes the draw even less random than has been the case in the past.

Which clubs are paired in the Champions League draw?

To ensure that paired clubs from the same country play on separate days, the eight groups will be distinguished by colour: Groups A to D will be red and Groups E to H will be blue. When a paired club is drawn, for example, in one of the red groups (A, B, C or D), the other paired club – once it has been drawn – will automatically be assigned to one of the four blue groups (E, F, G or H). The pairings are as follows:

A Real Madrid & Barcelona
B Frankfurt & Leipzig
C Man City & Liverpool
D AC Milan & Napoli
E Bayern & Dortmund
F Paris & Marseille
G Porto & Benfica
H Chelsea & Tottenham
I Juventus & Inter
J Atlético de Madrid & Sevilla
K Rangers & Celtic

The TV pairings have now appeared on the UEFA website (see below). They seem to have expanded the concept this season and included countries with only two teams like Portugal and Scotland. Which makes the draw even less random than has been the case in the past.

To ensure that paired clubs from the same country play on separate days, the eight groups will be distinguished by colour: Groups A to D will be red and Groups E to H will be blue. When a paired club is drawn, for example, in one of the red groups (A, B, C or D), the other paired club – once it has been drawn – will automatically be assigned to one of the four blue groups (E, F, G or H). The pairings are as follows:

B Frankfurt & Leipzig
C Man City & Liverpool
D AC Milan & Napoli
E Bayern & Dortmund
F Paris & Marseille
G Porto & Benfica
H Chelsea & Tottenham
I Juventus & Inter
K Rangers & Celtic
1661432482673.png

B Frankfurt & Leipzig
C Man City & Liverpool
D AC Milan & Napoli
E Bayern & Dortmund
F Paris & Marseille
G Porto & Benfica
H Chelsea & Tottenham
I Juventus & Inter
K Rangers & Celtic
This has always been the case. If a country has two teams, one will play one night and the other team will play the other night. It's rare for Scotland (not since 2007/08) but countries like Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Turkey etc have had pairings previously, so it is no more or less random than it has been in the past.

This has always been the case. If a country has two teams, one will play one night and the other team will play the other night. It's rare for Scotland (not since 2007/08) but countries like Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Turkey etc have had pairings previously, so it is no more or less random than it has been in the past.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought that in the past, it had only applied to countries with four teams but I’m happy to be corrected by the forum’s resident Champions League guru!

B Frankfurt & Leipzig
C Man City & Liverpool
D AC Milan & Napoli
E Bayern & Dortmund
F Paris & Marseille
G Porto & Benfica
H Chelsea & Tottenham
I Juventus & Inter
K Rangers & Celtic

So does this rule out any potential draws for us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.