Champions League - 2022/23

Who will be champions of Europe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So does this rule out any potential draws for us?
No, at this stage we can play any non-English side from Pots 2, 3, and 4 (one from each), but that changes as each team is drawn.

i.e. If we are in Pot A for example, and Bayern are in B, Real are in C, then we would not be able to draw Dortmund or Barcelona as we know they will be placed in the other half of the draw (E,F,G,H)

If we are in Pot A-D and Real get placed in Pot E-H, there is a 66% chance of us getting a Spanish side as Barcelona and either Atleti or Sevilla have to be placed in A-D, and Chelsea or Tottenham would also have to be A-D but not in ours.

It is clear and transparent in my opinion, but initially complicated to understand, and even UEFA got it wrong for the Knockouts last season.

So does this rule out any potential draws for us?
At the moment, the only teams we can definitely not meet are the other English clubs.
The TV pairings will almost certainly mean there will be a team or teams that can’t go into our group but until the draw is actually in progress and panning out, it’s impossible to say who they will be.
Edit: cptaidan88 summed it up much better than me!

Juventus
Sporting
Rangers

With scoucers to get the easy draw of
Frankfurt
Benfica
Celtic

A
Ajax
Atlético
Leverkusen
Celtic
Group B
Man City
Leipzig
Napoli
Plzeň
Group C
Paris
Juventus
Benfica
M Haifa
Group D
Real Madrid
Tottenham
Dortmund
Club Brugge
Group E
Porto
Barcelona
Internazionale
Rangers
Group F
Milan
Sevilla
Sporting CP
Dinamo Zagreb
Group G
Bayern
Chelsea
Shakhtar
Marseille
Group H
Frankfurt
Liverpool
Salzburg
København

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.