Champions League - 2023/24 - Leipzig, FK Crvena Zvezda, Young Boys

Who is the biggest threat to us retaining the trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mates..... dunno...
there is a quote
"be carefull what you wish... since it happens. god has a (i am an atheist) strange sense of homour.
i wished to see you again. now, i can.. :))))

gala is so bad at the.moment i have to see the schedule. them i ll comment... cheers mates. have a nice weekend
ok i just came home, here are my comments about GROUP A. United's group.
First thanks steve, for you all wishes for us before Molde gama. and again thanks for your nice words after the draw.

I ll keep you updated about how Gala is guys.
we played with utd in 2012-13 last time... we were really good. did well in old trafford. and lost 1-0.... we really played well in that game... we were good those times (not anymore) then we won 1-0 in istanbul; but that game they played in rotation since they were guaranteed.. and both of the teams qualified.

at the moment. Gala is so so bad. forget about our squad..new transfers; zaha, ziyech etc etc. MOLDE FUCKED US in both games; we were so lucky. believe me. those norwegians deserved it.

so we should see the schedule first. but CETERIS PARIBUS (everyhing stays constant), i dont wanna see gala at munchen or manchester... there may be goal records. believe me...

but Gala is a very very strange community. i told you last month. it is not a football club. it is a high school and universitiy (very very deep connections, masonic)
so we will see what will happen.....

again thanks for my city friends who send me msggses from whatsapp.. I love you guys.
who knows, maybe i will be there for utd game soon.
cheers and have a nice weekend bros.

ps: and check this, when we beated utd in 93; at istanbul we are singing

United, BE CAREFUL

ps2: this is the longer version. the quote ''WELCOME TO HELL'' just a quote invented by us for UNITED.

watch how united lived the HELL in 93... they get so mad and upsetted. CANTONA was arrested by turkish police that day.. (some may say that he didnt but he has been arrested by turkih poice at least for 10 20 minutes. because of international affairs he s been released) oooo what a day.....

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I'm a Serbian guy, so I thought I'll give you some info regarding Serbia and Crvena Zvezda(Red Star Belgrade).

First of all, unless you're asking for trouble, you should be perfectly safe in Belgrade and Serbia in general. Fans are generally less violent these days as well, and apart from the Belgrade derby games(and even that is more heated in basketball these days than it is in football) there are hardly any incidents, especially unprovoked ones. Food and drinks are very cheap by European standards and most people are very friendly and hospitable. If you for whatever reason can't find a place to stay in Belgrade, the second biggest city Novi Sad(half an hour away buy train, train price around 5 pounds one way) could perhaps be an option, although I wouldn't reccomend it as it would probably require you to use both the train and the taxi later. I would also reccomend asking Liverpool, Spurs and Rangers fans about their experience, if you know any, as I'm sure they'll be able to help you having played Red Star pretty recently. Manchester United played Partizan Belgrade pretty as well. If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask.

As for Red Star, they are Serbia's most successful team both domestically and internationally, famously winning 1990/1991 European Cup(modern day Champions League for those who don't know) as well as Intercontinental Cup the same year. However, since Yugoslavia broke down, all former Yugoslavian teams struggle to really get any notable results in Europe. The state of our league is terrible and all clubs are pretty much state owned (officially not, but they get finances almost exclusively from the government) and the current leading party supports Red Star so they are getting more money than other teams. Before that, we had a same situation with Partizan, hence their dominance 10-15 years ago.

You shouldn't have any trouble beating them if you approach it seriously, but if someone is interested, here's some info about them. Their new coach is an Israeli manager Barak Bakhar, who guided Maccabi Haifa to CL in the previous season where they managed to beat Juventus. He completely changed the way they play. He sets up in a 3-5-2 system and tries to high-press opponents and force them into mistakes. They brought in some really pacy forwards in order to make this style possible. Their danger men(although probably not enough to trouble Manchester City) are Bukari (played for Ghana at the WC and scored against Portugal), Krasso(Ivory Coast international, League 2 team of the season last year), Olayinka(played 5 years at Slavia Prague and was one of their best players) and Ivanic(box to box creative midfielder, caused AC Milan and Rangers a lot of problems in the 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 seasons recpectfully).

You shouldn't be worried about them at all, especially at home. In Belgrade however, you need to take them seriously as many teams who didn't really struggled there. A good example is Liverpool, who lost 2-0 in Belgrade in the season in which they won the CL. TAA was famously subbed off at halftime after looking absolutely lost out there. They also ran AC Milan close in both games in the 2020/2021 season in Europa League round of 32 and were only knocked out because of the away goals rule. The most recent game against European opponent was the friendly against Fiorentina during this seasons' preseason, when they beat them 5-0 in Belgrade(it was 5-0 at halff time as well)

If you take them seriously, I can see you beating them easily like Spurs, Bayern and PSG did, with 5 or 6-0 scorelines. At home you'll beat them comfortably regardless, but if you're not careful they may surprise you in Belgrade.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

P.S. I'd also like to point out that they didn't change their name, like I've seen quite a lot of people suggest online, they were always called Crvena Zvezda, it's just that people in England, and in Europe in general, struggle to pronounce it so use the translated name (Red Star, Stella Rossa, Roter Stern, etc).

Hi guys!

I'm a Serbian guy, so I thought I'll give you some info regarding Serbia and Crvena Zvezda(Red Star Belgrade).

First of all, unless you're asking for trouble, you should be perfectly safe in Belgrade and Serbia in general. Fans are generally less violent these days as well, and apart from the Belgrade derby games(and even that is more heated in basketball these days than it is in football) there are hardly any incidents, especially unprovoked ones. Food and drinks are very cheap by European standards and most people are very friendly and hospitable. If you for whatever reason can't find a place to stay in Belgrade, the second biggest city Novi Sad(half an hour away buy train, train price around 5 pounds one way) could perhaps be an option, although I wouldn't reccomend it as it would probably require you to use both the train and the taxi later. I would also reccomend asking Liverpool, Spurs and Rangers fans about their experience, if you know any, as I'm sure they'll be able to help you having played Red Star pretty recently. Manchester United played Partizan Belgrade pretty as well. If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask.

As for Red Star, they are Serbia's most successful team both domestically and internationally, famously winning 1990/1991 European Cup(modern day Champions League for those who don't know) as well as Intercontinental Cup the same year. However, since Yugoslavia broke down, all former Yugoslavian teams struggle to really get any notable results in Europe. The state of our league is terrible and all clubs are pretty much state owned (officially not, but they get finances almost exclusively from the government) and the current leading party supports Red Star so they are getting more money than other teams. Before that, we had a same situation with Partizan, hence their dominance 10-15 years ago.

You shouldn't have any trouble beating them if you approach it seriously, but if someone is interested, here's some info about them. Their new coach is an Israeli manager Barak Bakhar, who guided Maccabi Haifa to CL in the previous season where they managed to beat Juventus. He completely changed the way they play. He sets up in a 3-5-2 system and tries to high-press opponents and force them into mistakes. They brought in some really pacy forwards in order to make this style possible. Their danger men(although probably not enough to trouble Manchester City) are Bukari (played for Ghana at the WC and scored against Portugal), Krasso(Ivory Coast international, League 2 team of the season last year), Olayinka(played 5 years at Slavia Prague and was one of their best players) and Ivanic(box to box creative midfielder, caused AC Milan and Rangers a lot of problems in the 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 seasons recpectfully).

You shouldn't be worried about them at all, especially at home. In Belgrade however, you need to take them seriously as many teams who didn't really struggled there. A good example is Liverpool, who lost 2-0 in Belgrade in the season in which they won the CL. TAA was famously subbed off at halftime after looking absolutely lost out there. They also ran AC Milan close in both games in the 2020/2021 season in Europa League round of 32 and were only knocked out because of the away goals rule. The most recent game against European opponent was the friendly against Fiorentina during this seasons' preseason, when they beat them 5-0 in Belgrade(it was 5-0 at halff time as well)

If you take them seriously, I can see you beating them easily like Spurs, Bayern and PSG did, with 5 or 6-0 scorelines. At home you'll beat them comfortably regardless, but if you're not careful they may surprise you in Belgrade.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

P.S. I'd also like to point out that they didn't change their name, like I've seen quite a lot of people suggest online, they were always called Crvena Zvezda, it's just that people in England, and in Europe in general, struggle to pronounce it so use the translated name (Red Star, Stella Rossa, Roter Stern, etc).
Thank you very much for that. And welcome to Blue Moon

I thought Copenhagen was fantastic. An almost unlimited supply of really good craft beer pubs, a day out at Tivoli Gardens & a trip over the Øresund Bridge for a day out in Malmö. Up there with my favourite Champions League away trips, spoilt by a football match ruined by the officials.

I went to the CL game and liked Copenhagen but I also went across to Malmo and didn't think much of it there, really boring place IMO.

Italian and Serbian media reporting that Red Star is one of the clubs interested in Greenwood. That would make the City game interesting to say the least...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.