Champions League 5th/6th May

Goater=Legend said:
Best player of all time. This guy is incredible.

Bollocks. He only looks good because Xavi and Iniesta put chances to him on a plate! A one legged Heskey would score his goals with that service.

supercrystal7 said:
squirtyflower said:
supercrystal7 said:
Yep without doubt his time has been a complete failure at Bayern.
Very far backwords and Bayern have just as much money as Barcelona.
Exactly. Neville will watch this game again and realise how far over the top he went. City did much, much better against Barca and actually looked a threat. For all their pretty passing Bayern created one chance in the entire match.
There is no way on earth anyone in the media will re-evaluate City's attempt to topple Barca
As far as they are concerned we are shit, have always been shit and will always be shit
Don't care what the media say. City had a real shot at winning the CL this year. On your day could have beaten everyone, but for some reason you were too open against Barcelona. Had you played like you did against Roma then may have gone through. That being said in hindsight it was still actually a very good performance especially when compared to Bayern and PSG.
To a point I would agree
Forgetting the first twenty five minutes of the Barca game we gave a decent account and had some good chances to score which we fluffed
In the away leg they were clearly better than us, but with better finishing in the first leg and scoring our penalty in the away leg, who knows
I think we mentally put all our eggs in that basket and hence fluffed our PL defence

Tbilisi said:
de niro said:
Ali Benarbia said:
Terrific goals from the second best footballer of all time. After Pele, everyone's after Pele.

pele was a coward who wouldn't test himself outside of his comfort zone.
he doesn't count.

Maradona for me,won a World Cup dragging an average team behind him

Not only had he won a world cup with an average squad, he also lost a second world cup FINAL to a suspicous injury time penalty in 90.

But above this, what is in my eyes the most incredible feat of modern football is that he won Italy's championship with a team that you would nowadays compare to Sunderland or Leciester, against the almost invincible Milan-AC of Van-Basten/Rijkard/Gullit and Malidini.

The day Messi brings a Burnley-like team to win a championship, then he will be worthy of being compared to Diego Armando Maradona.

supercrystal7 said:
robbieh said:
Mourinho and even Benitez would have left with less of a battering.

Frankly Pep can fcuk of as far as City is concerned.

Three semi finals say it all for me.

10 man Inter did for him under Mou.
Carlo thrashed him last year and now
Luis Enrique.

If Txiki brings him to us it will all end very badly.
Pep has managed Bayern and Barcelona arguably the two best teams in the world during his period and not because he built them. I think people forget that Spain won Euro 2008 with several Barcelona players and then they had Messi, Etoo and Henry.

I would love to see his record away games in the knock out of the CL. I will check, but out of 17 I bet he has not won more than 3.
Plus Puyol and Xavi in their primes. And younger Yaya Pique and Iniesta.

Barca are just s pleasure to watch. I hope it's a Real v barca final and barca to win. Messi is unreal.

supercrystal7 said:
squirtyflower said:
supercrystal7 said:
Yep without doubt his time has been a complete failure at Bayern.
Very far backwords and Bayern have just as much money as Barcelona.
Exactly. Neville will watch this game again and realise how far over the top he went. City did much, much better against Barca and actually looked a threat. For all their pretty passing Bayern created one chance in the entire match.
There is no way on earth anyone in the media will re-evaluate City's attempt to topple Barca
As far as they are concerned we are shit, have always been shit and will always be shit
Don't care what the media say. City had a real shot at winning the CL this year. On your day could have beaten everyone, but for some reason you were too open against Barcelona. Had you played like you did against Roma then may have gone through. That being said in hindsight it was still actually a very good performance especially when compared to Bayern and PSG.
On our day we've managed to beat Roma. That's it. We've not been blessed with a day since.

robbieh said:
Mourinho and even Benitez would have left with less of a battering.

Frankly Pep can fcuk of as far as City is concerned.

Three semi finals say it all for me.

10 man Inter did for him under Mou.
Carlo thrashed him last year and now
Luis Enrique.

If Txiki brings him to us it will all end very badly.

Amazed some on here cant see it,winning in Germany with respect is like Celtic in Scotland,not on a level playing field.As I said and others have managing Barca and Bayern must be the easiest jobs in football.

Fucking Messi love in, Aguero put 3 past the kraut with less chances.

Funny to see Neuer chipped, megged and beaten at his near post from range tonight, lol at Boateng too.

davymcfc said:
Barca are just s pleasure to watch. I hope it's a Real v barca final and barca to win. Messi is unreal.

would i be talking out my ring if I said this Barca is better on the eye than Guardiola's Barca?

ZZmaestro said:
Tbilisi said:
de niro said:
pele was a coward who wouldn't test himself outside of his comfort zone.
he doesn't count.

Maradona for me,won a World Cup dragging an average team behind him

Not only had he won a world cup with an average squad, he also lost a second world cup FINAL to a suspicous injury time penalty in 90.

But above this, what is in my eyes the most incredible feat of modern football is that he won Italy's championship with a team that you would nowadays compare to Sunderland or Leciester, against the almost invincible Milan-AC of Van-Basten/Rijkard/Gullit and Malidini.

The day Messi brings a Burnley-like team to win a championship, then he will be worthy of being compared to Diego Armando Maradona.

Have to agree. To win the Scudetto with that Napoli team took some doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.