Champions League 5th/6th May

We are a million miles from these 4 teams. I hope the players are watching. They should see what is required and up their game.

c8W2ykT.png

You can talk tactics all day long but the bottom line is player recruitment.

If you haven't got multiple world class match winners you will struggle immensely to win the Champions League.

The only truly world class match winner we have is Aguero.

dan_bo said:
davymcfc said:
Barca are just s pleasure to watch. I hope it's a Real v barca final and barca to win. Messi is unreal.

would i be talking out my ring if I said this Barca is better on the eye than Guardiola's Barca?
They are different certainly. Much more direct and ruthless by the looks of things. Let's not belittle the barca of old. Under pep they raised the bar but playing in that style has become outdated and teams are wise to it. Watching messi and suarez on the same team is a privilege as they rip the opposition apart.

sam-caddick said:

If you haven't got multiple world class match winners you will struggle immensely to win the Champions League.

And one huge slice of luck. If either Robben or Ribery played then Barcelona wouldn't of have had an easier time and it would of made the second league that bit interesting.

Ronnie the Rep said:
Pell said:
Goater=Legend said:
Best player of all time. This guy is incredible.

Bollocks. He only looks good because Xavi and Iniesta put chances to him on a plate! A one legged Heskey would score his goals with that service.

Mate, I just got back from the stadium and I just don't agree. He is amazing in the ball, truly fucking amazing.

I was joking, I was taking the piss out of those who put Messi's brilliance down to Xavi and Iniesta a few years ago, when Barcelona were at their very best. The guy is incredible, and still only 27, we have more years to enjoy of him yet. Savour them, because it will be a long time before there's another who comes remotely close to him.

Tbilisi said:
de niro said:
Ali Benarbia said:
Terrific goals from the second best footballer of all time. After Pele, everyone's after Pele.

pele was a coward who wouldn't test himself outside of his comfort zone.
he doesn't count.

Maradona for me,won a World Cup dragging an average team behind him

he was on crack. lance armstrong was cleaner than him.

Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:

And one huge slice of luck. If either Robben or Ribery played then Barcelona wouldn't of have had an easier time and it would of made the second league that bit interesting.

Agreed, but those two on their day are world class players.

It's OK us having Aguero but we need one or two more on his level to supplement him.

dan_bo said:
davymcfc said:
Barca are just s pleasure to watch. I hope it's a Real v barca final and barca to win. Messi is unreal.

would i be talking out my ring if I said this Barca is better on the eye than Guardiola's Barca?

they're definitely more efficient and clinical and they're not as reliant on Messi turning up. They're even potentially a better team if they maintain this level for a few seasons but not better on the eye for me. The Guardiola Barcelona in it's prime was simply majestic. They produced the best football i'll ever see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.