Champions League ban?

I think the point is or certainly could be made that City/ADUG did not need the money. It was far better for ADUG to help promote Etihad as an airline. The money was not relevant. Yes we could have got far more from another sponser but that was not the point in accepting Etihad as a sponser.
City may have been cash rich at the time but we needed the revenue for FFP purposes. It's nonsense to claim that City have inflated the deal from £8m to £67.5m pa. I don't care how the payment was routed through the UAE, Etihad have a very significant agreement with MCFC. Back in 2011 the same newspapers who carried the Der Spiegel allegations said it was worth £400m over 10 years. Liverpool, and Man Utd fans will believe any allegations made against MCFC even if they are just plain silly. I know what the purported e-mail says ("Please note that out of those 67.5m pounds, 8m pounds should be funded directly by Etihad and 59.5 by ADUG") but that, as any one with a GCSE in English can tell you, refers to how the monies is to be routed through to City, not who is ultimately liable for it. The original dispute over the Etihad deal was Not whether it was a related party, but whether it was fair-value.

The evidence against City is bad PR but in terms of rule breaking flimsy in my opinion as a just a layman City fan. At the same time 90% of the media, other football fans, various powerful football clubs and associations think there is, but they would wouldn't they. We all have a vested interest. So are UEFA going to play fair or cave-in to the witch-hunt?

Last edited:
We don't need that.
Man City has a unique business model, a unique coach and a unique management with a strong philosophy.
The bosses wanted to invent and set up a new very big idea of football, represented globally.

Those guys don't want sympathy, they just want to do, to follow their big plans.
The have great knowledge, a clear philosophy and the necessary financial tools
to achieve high quality of working conditions on and off the pitch.

High quality alone will bring sustainable success.
Our leaders don't ask for a special treatment.
They know they will be better than anyone else if the rules are the same for anyone else.

Get used to it. Man City are special, on the way up, always want to get better, day by day.
The rest will come along the way. Bit by bit.

How that story will end? No idea.
I don't believe in eternal growth, it cannot work.
But I like offensive high quality football.

Back to topics:
it's only a media thing now.
UEFA won't say much. They want to make business. Difficult without us.
The greedy fuckers maybe would prefer some cash, fining us again.

If City would be fined, media would say again we just bought our own rules with dirty oil money.
Would be tempting to refuse any fine and accept a CL ban.

Problem is, our players want to play CL.
And the club bosses want to win it, on their way up.
It's because we are so "unique"/different from the other clubs, (except for PSG), that we are such a threat to the established big clubs and their business models.

They will look to group together to exclude us if they can, and ban our unique/different business model if they can.

I would like to think we could challenge them in court but frankly if we did receive a ban, who besides those connected with our club would be supportive or outraged? I suspect most neutrals would be convinced by the anti-City media that this was a good thing.

I was talking to a friend today, who is a United fan and he said many United fans are thinking/hoping we will receive a significant ban from Europe. I told him our legal team wouldn't allow it. However it seems a very uncertain area to predict. As I said we appear to have no support amongst the football decision makers.

Maybe if they succeeded with a European ban, seperate PL sanctions might follow?

Last edited:
There is no way in hell UEFA will ban us because they know then the gloves are off and we will take them down
At the very most they may try some form of fine or squad restriction/transfer limit penalty to be seen as doing something if they think we'll accept it or be willing to cut a deal, and even that is questionable
Talk of a ban is fairy land stuff from wishful idiots.

If you mean our full fan base including our 8 billion twitter followers then I agree.

I think a majority of season ticket holders would think uefa are a bunch of self serving corrupt cvnts and wouldn’t care if they banned us. They may even see it as a badge of honour to be in open dispute with such a horrible organisation

I don’t think the majority of City season ticket holders wouldn’t care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.