champions league displays 2013-14

Loukas said:
Does anyone remember the derby, I think it was 07/08 season when the club gave everyone a free scarf.... Maybe something like everyone in ES level 1 gets a free scarf for a champions league game? Not sure how expensive it would be but made a cracking atmosphere for that derby (not that it wouldnt have been without them). JUST AS LONG AS ITS NOT BLOODY HALF AND HALF SCARVES!

Also, Wearethesouthstand, just an idea, but what do you think of people volunteering to carry something like the charity buckets around the groud before some games to go towards the fund? I'd happily do it, and I reckon it would get a lot more than the paypal on here?

we asked City for 500 scarves for the south stand "we are the south stand" and 500 for the kippax "we are the kippax" on - to give out free which would bring out some friendly competition between the 2 singing blocks , it got turned down, the club said they wanted one of their corporate partners to pay £50K to get scarves for the whole stadium ! we said sack that we don't need to do that. but this is what they wanted to do. that was 4 months ago and heard nothing since. i suppose one thing to gauge from that is financial fair play has now kicked in and everything that the club pays out for has to provide value for money. they said paying for free scarves would be "too expensive!"

there are different levels of decision makers at the club and the best thing we can do is stick around as a group of fans and keep pushing suggestions their way. some of them get ok'd, most of them get rejected, that's the way it is - our argument to the club would be , if you want a fortress a positive atmosphere at home games, if it is something the players can feed off, surely that would be worth a few hundred quid ?

as for collecting, wouldn't rule anything in and anything out. tba were going for a few years, we put footy cards round on the coaches, did raffles, took memberships etc, made money on coaches, that all helped, people were actually willing to pay for those flags on sunday ! all options open. we've had leaflets in mary ds and outside the ground, perhaps we could collect. maybe only when people have seen what we're doing and as a top-up to paypal.

bluemoon has used paypal before successfully and tba used facebook to collect in a similar way, both were successful - you can also see how much people are putting in as well which can be useful

wearethesouthstand said:
we asked City for 500 scarves for the south stand "we are the south stand" and 500 for the kippax "we are the kippax" on - to give out free which would bring out some friendly competition between the 2 singing blocks , it got turned down, the club said they wanted one of their corporate partners to pay £50K to get scarves for the whole stadium ! we said sack that we don't need to do that. but this is what they wanted to do. that was 4 months ago and heard nothing since. i suppose one thing to gauge from that is financial fair play has now kicked in and everything that the club pays out for has to provide value for money. they said paying for free scarves would be "too expensive!"

there are different levels of decision makers at the club and the best thing we can do is stick around as a group of fans and keep pushing suggestions their way. some of them get ok'd, most of them get rejected, that's the way it is - our argument to the club would be , if you want a fortress a positive atmosphere at home games, if it is something the players can feed off, surely that would be worth a few hundred quid ?

as for collecting, wouldn't rule anything in and anything out. tba were going for a few years, we put footy cards round on the coaches, did raffles, took memberships etc, made money on coaches, that all helped, people were actually willing to pay for those flags on sunday ! all options open. we've had leaflets in mary ds and outside the ground, perhaps we could collect. maybe only when people have seen what we're doing and as a top-up to paypal.

bluemoon has used paypal before successfully and tba used facebook to collect in a similar way, both were successful - you can also see how much people are putting in as well which can be useful

Okay, well i'll be keeping an eye on here anyway and anything I can help with I will. Think you guys are doing a great job as well!

League cup games would seem a better way of trying out different atmosphere ideas. The club are much more likely to give us some flexibility given that the stadium is unlikely to be full.

Well confetti is always good to have so that's a must, wonder whether we could have it all the way around the stadium or is that to ambitious. Do you think the club will ever let us have those hold up cards again like we did against Villarreal or are the club scared of getting fined again for people throwing them on the pitch.

Just Having lots of flags would be good and maybe a really large one. I wonder if the club could afford giving out cheap flags for the whole stadium.

if we had flagss and and confetti it would look great.

Like the previous River Plate photo, something like this I would like to see! They can always get cut down during games.

boca-fans-1.jpg

Mosaics would be good to see as well.

sam-caddick said:
Like the previous River Plate photo, something like this I would like to see! They can always get cut down during games.

boca-fans-1.jpg

Mosaics would be good to see as well.

ok, mosaics...any particular suggestions? i love the joe mercer picture holding up the old league championship for example

I think a nice big banner / sector flag could be good, covering 1 or 2 block... it could a good investment as it could be used for different matches ... perhaps with 1894 written on it?

Like this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ultrasshop.com/index.php?o=galerie&id=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ultrasshop.com/index.php?o=galerie&id=20</a> but covering just 2 block

could that be an option? I am not sure about costs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.