Champions League Draw | QF - Bayern Munich | SF - Real Madrid

Ouch!

Those Bayern home prices are severe, especially if we get through to the semi or we go to FA Cup Final.

Might have to give it a miss :(
In a perverse way, we hope it's an expensive time because it means we're doing well. The reality, however, is that a great number of people will be forced to pick and choose their games thanks to some more tone-deaf pricing on the part of the club. We're emerging from what has been a very costly winter and this will not come as welcome news to our loyal fans. IF we get to both cup finals, it's not inconceivable that the average adult fan will be paying £400-500 for the five match tickets.

What's really annoying is that block 132 is classed as Colin Bell Stand and has been since 2010. The three corresponding corners are all classed as North or South Stand. This goes back to Garry Cook's effort to make all of the North Stand a family stand but, upon realising the whole end wouldn't sell out, allowed adults to buy in 132 on the basis it was reclassified as a side-stand. The difference in ticket prices over the last 12 years really begins to add up. For this one, there is a £15 difference between Colin Bell Tier 1 and North Stand Tier 1.
You must sit near to me pal, I have been in 132 since 2011/2012 season.
And yes,it is irking that a few rows away towards what used to be the Family Stand ,the seats are considerably cheaper for what is basically the same view of the pitch.
But it's a good view and it's a seat that is near an exit,so it's easy to get to and then away from.
So I'll be sticking with it for the time being.

I am surprised it's 1 ticket only per Seasoncard holders, or Cityzen membership. They won't sell out with that criteria, so will have to open up to 2 more or 4 tickets each etc. I have a feeling, they'd open up to new Cityzen members first so they can sell those on top to be able to buy a ticket for this game before they allow current members/seasoncards to get more on their accounts. I think they've got it wrong this time. Have been increasing prices even for normal league games, what people could buy for £48 (with their Cityzen discounts) early in the season, by the time those games have gotten close to it, the same tickets were selling at £58 or £60 WITH that £5 discount. Had they allowed 4 or 6 tickets per card holder, these would have sold out quickly even at these prices, but at 1 per member, there's no chance they're selling it quickly. Even those who can buy one on Wed/Thu won't buy as they likely need a few for friends/family and there's no point buying one then hoping that seat next to you would be available in a few days when they eventually realize they've messed up on criteria.

Massive jump from £35 against Leipzig to £53 against Bayern when it’s only one round later and we have Wembley coming up.

They’ll wonder why we only sell 20,000 at Wembley against SheffUtd and then charge us £65 for the semi against Madrid anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling, they'd open up to new Cityzen members first so they can sell those on top to be able to buy a ticket for this game before they allow current members/seasoncards to get more on their accounts.

Don't they try to stop German fans buying tickets in the home end?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.