Champions League Draw (Shakhtar, Napoli, Feyenoord)

Sou
Good, enjoy it, I wish I could afford to go back tbh. It's not as scary as some make out as long as you're sensible, it's just not a place where large groups of City fans will gather in a square getting pissed and singing songs all day, that will just attract gangs of the local knobheads. Also the cops and stewards at the stadium were fairly relaxed last time, ticket checks were very cursory and I don't recall being searched - maybe a bit different now with the terrorist issues.[/QUOTE
Good, enjoy it, I wish I could afford to go back tbh. It's not as scary as some make out as long as you're sensible, it's just not a place where large groups of City fans will gather in a square getting pissed and singing songs all day, that will just attract gangs of the local knobheads. Also the cops and stewards at the stadium were fairly relaxed last time, ticket checks were very cursory and I don't recall being searched - maybe a bit different now with the terrorist issues.

Sound mate cheers for the info

You've probably have more fun than all those who will stay in that hellhole which is our capital! City fans will receive a warm welcome cause we hate those rags too. Rotterdam is maybe less known than 020 as we call it but is a fun city with a vibrant nightlife.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I've done the whole Amsterdam thing before so it's nothing new to me plus the hotel prices in Amsterdam are extortionate and I'd rather stay in the city we're playing in. Heard great things about Rotterdam and the nightlife. My brother lives in Gouda so I'll be paying him a visit the day before the game as well.

Booked flights, £80 return to Amsterdam, got the night of the game booked in Rotterdam but will probably go there on landing, it's only a half hour from Schipol into Rotterdam train station.

@Wumme what's a decent area to stay in?
Well you probably should stay at north side of river, stadium is in south part wich is not so Munch fun. In centre of city you have 2 areas with pubs etc 1 is called Oude Haven an second one is Stadhuisplein. This is area where you find many Feyenoord fans. But probably not too many on day before match. Feyenoord has many fans from all over country. And for our repution, this is based on early days and more recent problems at away games. Even rags were treated decent last year. No worries you will have a blast! Take this from a Feyenoord fan who is in all honesty forever blowing bubbles

Last edited:
Good, enjoy it, I wish I could afford to go back tbh. It's not as scary as some make out as long as you're sensible, it's just not a place where large groups of City fans will gather in a square getting pissed and singing songs all day, that will just attract gangs of the local knobheads. Also the cops and stewards at the stadium were fairly relaxed last time, ticket checks were very cursory and I don't recall being searched - maybe a bit different now with the terrorist issues.

Appreciate the heads up everyone.
I guess it's a case of staying alert and integrating with the locals.

hv1fNdR.gif

eIoiTxO.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Feyenoord fan, I feel I have to rectify the false image you guys have of our club and fans.

Let me introduce out beautiful club properly:

We have a lot in common! We both hate United, we both love our inflatables (especially bananas!) and we are both known for our intensely loyal following, usually passed on from generation to generation.

I am puzzled as to why you would want to stay in Amsterdam. That's like booking a hotel next door to Old Trafford. The city of Amsterdam is filthy (dog poop everywhere, garbage in the canals), full of arrogant people and very expensive. Rotterdam, on the other hand, was European City of 2015, has a ton of great hotels and is just simply breathtaking.

ROTTERDAM-City-Guide-1.jpg

Feyenoord Fans are usually laid back and good fun. We hate the Spurs (for obvious reasons), but have nothing against Man City. I believe somebody called Rotterdam "dodgy", but I can't relate to that at all. We are in every way a better city than Amsterdam.

See you soon!

Never fancied Amsterdam but you've just sold me on a weekend break in Rotterdam.

It best be a good as you say or I'm coming looking for you! :)

I watched PSG v St Etienne last night on BT Sport. PSG won 3-0 but they were very unimpressive. St Etienne had a lot of the ball they just couldn't do anything when they got to the penalty area. Neymar flickered in and out of the game. It was really poor. I turned it off before the end. Veratti was suspended I think. Their only real excuse.

Just to let you know that although PSG have spent hundreds of millions this Summer, they don't look particularly good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.