Champions League Draw & TV Pairings

City v Juve 15/9
Borrusia v City 30/9
City v Seville 21/10
Sevillev City 3/11
Juve v City 25/11
City v Borrusia 8/12

Just been tweeted by MCFC

Hmm could be argued that's quite nice for us. If we want to be topping this group we have to win our home games against Juve/Seville, and need to take 3 points from pot 4 team away really, not that it will be easy. If we can take 9 points from those first 3 it will be massive with home to Gladbach last up rather than a tougher away match. Should be a great group to watch.

At least we've been drawn against different teams instead of Bayern and CSKA. We played Juventus in the UEFA Cup group stage a few years ago (when they drew all 6 games and went out) but you'd have to be nearly as old as me to remember playing Borussia Moenchengladbach and we've never played Sevilla in a competitive game before.
I remember playing them and getting Beaten(I think). They had someone called simonson who scored a worldie, my memory may not be good but I'm sure he went on to play for Charlton.

Hello everyone, Juve fan here, I come in peace haha! :D
I've noticed that many of you are talking about the loss of Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez.
Maybe you should also consider the quality of the players who arrived...
Alex Sandro, Sami Khedira, Juan Cuadrado, Mario Mandzukic, Paulo Dybala...
And it shouldn't be over yet, here in Italy there are strong rumours about Axel Witsel and Julian Draxler.
Last year Vidal played his worst season in black and white... he's definitely a great player but maybe it was the right moment to sell.
Pirlo is a legend, but he's 36, to be honest Juve played some of her best games without him last year.
Marchisio often played in his role, and I think it's fair to say that 2014/15 was Claudio's best season ever.
Tevez is probably the biggest loss, his performances was insane last season, but he wanted to return back to Argentina... so Juve couldn't really do anything about it.
We signed Mandzukic though (22, 26 and 20 goals in the past three seasons) who is, by the way, a Champions League winner... and Paulo Dybala (21 years old, considered one of the next big things, he was Juve's most expensive signing from years).

Pogba is not going anywhere, you shouldn't listen to the press.
We just gave him the number 10 shirt... basically we elected him as the "star player" of the team.
There's no way Juve would sell him after a move like this.

Anyway... best of luck for the season guys... and see you soon, it should be interesting!

Wellcome,

Thanks for the excellent summary, you have bought well and if you get Witsel that will add some need to you midfield.

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on City from the outside ..

delighted with this group given our previous luck in previous ventures

not any team gives me any concern...if we can transfer our resoluteness (is that a word) from what weve shown in the league to the CL ,we could and should have few problems

Tough group. All good opponents and no easy ties, but it's a group we should qualify from and some great ties to look forward to.

Reason's I am more positive this year:

1. We've abandoned 442 for 4231 and it's no coincident that since we switched we have won 9 consecutive games.

2. Seems to be less infighting, Yaya is happy.

3. Sterling's pace is making teams shit bricks, they dare not attack with their right back.

4. Defensively we've looked solid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.