Champions League Draw & TV Pairings

Do we know straight away what dates we will play teams or is it decided later?
First time we are all on the ball and ready to book some flights ASAP.

Manchester33 said:
Would be great that, the demand for tickets would be huge!
So would be the demand for buckfast in Manchester the day of the game.
No doubt they would try to wreck the Etihad again.

The way the draw works with TV pairings and clubs from the same team will have a huge impact. If Barca come up early they can only draw 5 teams from Pot 2 because there are three Spanish teams in there. Chelsea could get a very tough game depending when they're drawn. It's often the case because of TV pairings that you're only able to get one team from the remaining pot and are screwed over.

As far as things for us are concerned, you'd be happy with Benfica, Zenit or PSV from Pot 1. PSV being the ideal in my opinion. I love Eindhoven, was there earlier this year and it would be a great away day. Pot 3, Lyon would be good because it's not too far away. Wouldn't require a lengthy flights. And then Gent from Pot 4. Zagreb would be nice too.

I still look at the CL with one eye on easy progression and the other on decent away trips.

I'm due to be in Barcelona for one of the gameweeks, but I fly back on the Wednesday morning so if we get Barca away on the Tuesday I'm fine with that. We'll likely get them and play them on the Wednesday night knowing mine/City's luck!

PSV, Lyon and Gent... three nice easy European trips with some good beer along the way. Happy with Lisbon or Sevilla if we can't get Lyon though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.