Champions League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions League Draw??

Not sure if this has been covered anywhere else, but will fixtures be announced tomorrow or will they need a few days to sort out logistics?

Re: Champions League Draw??

BringBackSwales said:
Nice to see that Sky's coverage of the draw on Thursday has a former scum player, a former chelsea player, a former arsenal player, and a former...no sorry that's it, just those 3

Don't forget Miss Melanie Winiger ;-)

29240-143052_Switzerland_Soccer_Euro_2008_Draw_LCN140.jpg

My prediction
Barca
Marseille
Genk

3 nice shortish trips and a battle between us and Marseille for 2nd spot

Ajax - for drugs and women
Bayern - for beer and meatloaf
Fenerbache - for a fight

Its my 30th wedding anniversary coming up soon and I've promised the missus a week away. She's very kindly said that if we draw "somewhere nice" (eg Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Milan), she'll fit in the holiday with the CL game.

The trouble is she's now starting to get impatient and seems to think that as soon as the draw is made she can start booking, flights hotels etc. I've yet to pluck up the courage to tell her that there might be a "short" delay whilst the dates of the matches are finalised, City announce ticket details and I get a ticket (by no means certain). Could be in trouble.

LawsBackHeel said:
LawsBackHeel said:
Barca
Shakhtar
Man City
Dortmund

Showing my lack of knowledge here now, why can't this group happen they are all in different pots and in different countries.

Cheers :o)

Anybody please it is really bugging me :o)

It could happen, I wouldn't want it though!<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:01 pm --<br /><br />
blueray86 said:
Not sure if this has been covered anywhere else, but will fixtures be announced tomorrow or will they need a few days to sort out logistics?
I'd be very wary of booking flights etc tomorrow night, there are often a few fixtures that are reversed from the original schedules. Wait for official confirmation on the OS or the UEFA site.

Given the strike in La Liga, it would be nice come the 13th-14th to play a Spanish team, especially at home, just because of the edge in fitness we would have. Who knows, if the issues aren't resolved, they might not have played any competitive fixtures before then.

I'm glad we can't draw Zenit as I have a feeling we'd struggle badly against them but they're in the same pot.

A winnable group:

- Porto (ravaged by the loss of AVB, Falcao, and more to follow)
- CSKA Moscow
- City
- Otelul Galati

A marquee group that should see qualification:

- Bayern Munich
- Marseille
- City
- Napoli

May God Have Mercy On Our Soul group:

- Barcelona
- AC Milan
- City
- Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.