Champions League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Champions League Draw??

lancs blue said:
squirtyflower said:
lancs blue said:
Only the last two count toward the seedings, I'm fairly certain we'd be in Pot 4 without them.
Five years of euro competition counts towards the seedings
Yes, that only includes our last two UEFA campaigns.

Not really they go back to 07/08 season. Additional
coefficienty points are awarded on how other clubs in your leagues do. It is the same reasoning as why we have 4 into the CL. rather than some countries only having two. Scotland had one , since Rangers got knocked out that goes against Scottish football next year and 1 and 2 in the Scottish league start of in earlier qualyfying rounds

mancitymick said:
lancs blue said:
squirtyflower said:
Five years of euro competition counts towards the seedings

coefficienty points are awarded on how other clubs in your leagues do. It is the same reasoning as why we have 4 into the CL. rather than some countries only having two. Scotland had one , since Rangers got knocked out that goes against Scottish football next year and 1 and 2 in the Scottish league start of in earlier qualyfying rounds

Yes I know that but the original question mentioned City's last 3 UEFA seasons and the 03/04 one isn't included in the coefficient.

The draw is live on sky sports, which starts at 4.30pm tomorrow. The rule are simple no 2 teams from the same country can be in the same group. I think they start with pot 1 first then pot 2 and so on.

I just hope that we don't get a to difficult group to start our Champions League debut.

I can't wait for the stone roses reunion

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/8435035/Stone-Roses-reunion-what-the-band-said.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... -said.html</a>

Damocles said:
HijO said:
You wanna get Genk, poor side, they're gonna take some serious beatings in the CL I think.

If we get Genk, Dave Mooney won't stop cheering until about 2017

Only until we've beaten them. ;o)

1.618034 said:
The "pots" are shaping up after tonight's results...

We'll know the full picture tonight (Wednesday) at 10pm.

I'm doing individual possible opponents guides at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mancityaway.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mancityaway.co.uk</a>

They show every conceivable way of getting to all possible locations of City's three Euro aways and recommended hotels.

-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 pm --

squirtyflower said:
VinnieKomp said:
Thursday 4:45
thought it was at 1.00pm
gutted as i'm supposed to be out thursday night, i've fucked this up big style

Nope, the draw starts at 4.45pm and finishes an hour later.

(UEFA don't half stall, plus they do the UEFA player of the year awards in the middle of drawing each pot).

The actual fixtures come out at about 7pm, when people start booking trips.

-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 pm --

squirtyflower said:
VinnieKomp said:
Thursday 4:45
thought it was at 1.00pm
gutted as i'm supposed to be out thursday night, i've fucked this up big style

Nope, the draw starts at 4.45pm and finishes an hour later.

(UEFA don't half stall, plus they do the UEFA player of the year awards in the middle of drawing each pot).

The actual fixtures come out at about 7pm, when people start booking trips.

-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:51 pm --

rickyyt said:
Genk would be a good away I reckon. Basil in the same pot would cost thousands with the exchange rate.

It might turn out that Basel end up in City's pot and, therefore, City wouldn't be able to draw them.

Anyway, Basel is near Germany and wouldn't be any more or less expensive to get to/stay in/drink in than many other western European destinations.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:53 pm --<br /><br />
citizen said:
All i want is Ajax, thousands of blues in dam would be mental.

Depending on what happens in tonight's games, Ajax might end up in City's pot and, therefore, City wouldn't be able to draw them.

given_is_ironman said:
I'd like Valencia and Ajax, for ease of draw and nice places to go.

I went to Valencia for the United game last season. It's a great little city and, if City got them in the first away game, it would probably be pretty warm.

Great bars, great women, a beach and a decent atmosphere in the stadium, except the away end is high up so it's difficult to get songs going without a roof.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:55 pm --<br /><br />
HijO said:
You wanna get Genk, poor side, they're gonna take some serious beatings in the CL I think.

Very true. I watched Haifa play them last night (on the 'net) and Haifa looked much more confident and up for it.

Genk were extremely lucky to get through on penalties.

lancs blue said:
mancitymick said:
lancs blue said:

Yes I know that but the original question mentioned City's last 3 UEFA seasons and the 03/04 one isn't included in the coefficient.
right, because it wasn't within the last three years

we even get points added when we are not in europe thanks to our chums who have been

jay_mcfc said:
Are we definitely guaranteed a Spanish club in pot 1 or 2 or was that a bit of error from someone earlier in the thread?

Not at all.

United have got a much higher chance of geting a Spanish team than City have.

That's because they've got two Spanish teams in their pot and there are two Spanish teams in pot 2.

So once Barca and Real have been drawn, they can only be drawn against six teams from pot 2, leaving United with six teams to be drawn against - two of which are Spanish.

It doesn't affect City as there are no Spanish teams in City's pot.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:02 pm --<br /><br />
blueray86 said:
Not sure if this has been covered anywhere else, but will fixtures be announced tomorrow or will they need a few days to sort out logistics?

UEFA publish a fixture list at about 7pm on Thursday. Keep an eye on journalists' twitter accounts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.